Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donnybrook Court, Beaver Row

Options
  • 11-12-2023 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

We are in the market for purchasing a 1or 2-bed apartment in Dublin. We are expats and have been living and working in Dublin for the past 7 years so we decided that paying rent would not leave us with anything while purchasing a place of our own might be a good investment long term. Now, few things that we could use your advice on:

• We are not planning to have children in the near future (or at all) so a flat would not be an issue for us size-wise. However, as we know by now, in Ireland houses are preferred. With this in mind, would buying a 1-bed apartment be an insane idea for the long term? Would any of you have any first-hand advice pro/against buying a 1-bed flat in Dublin?
    • We are looking at a 1-bed apartment in the Donnybrook Court/ Beaver Row area in D4 and we have never lived in the area so we would appreciate any info that yous could share about the area- seems like a more 'down to earth' side of D4, but close to UCD and Ranelagh and different bus lines. How is it in terms of safety and in particular flooding risk from the nearby Dodder?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bea468

I can't really comment on the first point because I don't really know. I know one bed appts are harder to sell on, there isn't as much demand but that's as far as my knowledge goes on the topic!

I have lived in that area before though, rented a room in a house in Beech hill estate which is just off beaver row for a few years. Beech hill previously had got a bit of a bad name but honestly had the nicest few years there, neighbours were lovely and no trouble whatsoever. Would regularly walk home from the bus at night with no worries at all. There isn't a huge amount directly near you with regards to shops etc but you're close to ranelagh/ donnybrook village on very good bus routes. And very close to town. I loved living there.

Actually just to add, Beaver row is so close to UCD that I'd imagine even if prices were to fall dramatically there will always be demand in that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I work in one of the office blocks around there. Area seems very quiet. Never seen any antisocial behaviour.

Not much in the way of shops/supermarkets/pharmacies etc close by other than the petrol station on Clonskeagh Rd.

Traffic wise it can backup from stilorgan road the whole back to those apartments. But thats the city for you, not unique to that road. Stillorgan Road has plenty of buses, Clonskeagh Rd only has the 11 which can be painfully slow. 25 min walk to sandymount dart station.

Bike would be my preferred method of transport around there.

I can't comment on the flooding other than to say I've haven't seen that part ave any issues in the past 2 years.

Advertisement