Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobil, a black hole of frustration 👹

Options
  • 13-12-2023 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I signed up and paid for ESIM on 01 December, 13 days ago. Since, I've asked for a refund. So 3 emails & 3 calls later, nothing. No ESIM, no refund

Date of experience: 13 December 2023

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,082 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭GIMP

Similar experience with them ordered a physical sim, has not been delivered so I cancelled via call to their Customer Care in the Philippines. I was advised 7 days turn around on refund! Interesting if this is refund without having to chase them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

@GIMP I got onto COMREG , got a complaint number from them. Then sent email to complaints(@) lycamobil.ie requesting a "complaint reference number" from Lycamobil, COMREG need this to follow up. Yes it's only €10, but I'm kinda having fun 😊.

I too want a refund as further dealing with Lycamobil would be proof of my love of torture 👹

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Oh no, I just signed up to them Wednesday. The €10 payment went through buy I got no order confirmation or anything off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Depending on your location folks, you could knock on their front door and demand a refund face to face. They are in Dublin 24

• Advertisement

My reason for giving them a go, was wanting to try one of these ESIM "thing a ma gigs"

. Not expecting any further developments before early January, COMREG requires 10 days before acting, and with some delays for Xmas, not watching the postman 😊

@Whiplashy go tell COMREG your woes, or

send email to complaints(@) lycamobil.ie requesting a "complaint reference number" from Lycamobil, COMREG need this to follow up

Thanks dohouch. I've just emailed customer service to see if they can sort it for me, but if I've not heard back by end of Monday I'll follow up with the complaints email you mentioned. I'd like to get the package I signed up for ideally, as my offer of a tenner a month with virgin media is expiring this month and it pains me to pay anymore.

@Whiplashy So up and running with my ESIM, just took a bit longer, 19 days. Not sure their back office has convinced me of their reliability going forward. Before installing their app from Google play, I read recent reviews, all 1 star, Now I know what an ESIM is🤣 a 19 day to and fro of emails, cs calls, and the last few exchanges on FB Messenger.

My sim arrived yesterday. Still no confirmation email from signing up and no reply to the email I sent customer service. I'm still trying to decide whether to actually port my number and go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭GIMP

I am still waiting on a refund and cancellation as I never received the sim despite contacting them ten days ago!

• Advertisement
Advertisement