Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2024

Options
  • 13-12-2023 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Just found out I got in!

This sh!t just got real, my period of laziness / Injury / feeling sorry myself has come to an enforced end.

130 days to raceday...

Is anyone else in and has anyone who has done it previously got advice on accommodation locations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

London marathon today and normally this thread be going for months. Nothing. Says it all about what’s happened on here.

Conditions look windy today. London could improve the elite tables. Women’s race one elite grabbed the wrong bottle. Seems like to many bottles on a table. Valencia have 1 table for each elite so none of that messing. Takes more space but that’s just cosmetic stuff. Even London could make it 2-3 bottles a table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Things have got quieter here you're saying? Where have people moved to though? I don't know of an equivalent location with such an Irish focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I don't know where people have gone but this thread 10 years ago would have 50 pages probably. Anyone remember the year Krusty and KielyUnusual ran it together and came through the field to finish in 2.35 or thereabouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Well, there may not be much London chat on boards anymore, but plenty of Irish people are still doing the race and talking about it in other places, even in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

Id say it could also be that not many from boards got in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I was surprised that there was no thread or discussion at all.

It was an absolutely unbelievable experience, one that I will never forget. In particular Greenwich, Tower Bridge, Cutty Sark and then from Embankment to the finish line.

An incredibly well organised event that was seamless from the expo to the finish line.

I will definitely be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Unknownability

That could be part of it but my initial comment was aimed at people who had done it previously.

The site as it was previously is dead.

Advertisement