Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guidance on Objecting a Planning Application

Options
  • 13-12-2023 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

A developer has bought a property next to me and lodged planning application the other day for apartments.  It’s a primarily residential street and houses are owner/occupied or rented out to families.  There are no other apartments on the street. The developer wants to extend the rear of property 2 storeys which concerns me as it will impact my use and enjoyment of my back yard.  I am going to view plans in Local Authority office next week but I will have to object to this planning application.   I could do without this at the moment.   My question is what do I say in my objection? I wouldn’t be the most articulate and I want to be strong in my objection.   Loss of daylight, loss of privacy, noise are some of the reasons but really don’t see why they have to build a massive extension. Has anyone experience of this and could offer some guidance.  Thanks

Advertisement