Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of getting an aftermarket imobiliser

• 14-12-2023 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

I have a Toyota Vitz 2011, which I've been struggling to get a renewal insurance quote for, and found out tonight the reason is they don't have imobilsers. I was unaware of this. (I haven't lied about it but I did get a good quote tonight on the basis that the broker told me it probably had one) Trying to get some indication of the costs that's likely to be involved in getting an aftermarket one fitted. I've seen a couple on Amazon, but I've no clue what I'm looking for, or even if they're what I need. Or if my regular mechanic can do it for me.

Trying to weigh up whether I keep my mouth shut and try get it done before my new policy kicks in, or if it's too pricey to get done quickly, contact the broker in the morning and see what the damage will be there. I don't even know if the renewal quote I got from my current insurer had an imobiliser down or not, the premium did jump a lot since last year and they weren't willing to negotiate at all, so I'm sure they know they're being stolen all over the place.

Comments

Advertisement