Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help

• 14-12-2023 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Doing injector seals on ford focus 2012 1.6 tdci, dropped high pressure union nut down the pipe on the injector near to timing belt, any idea how to get it back? Car is a paperweight till then. Can't even see the nut it's gone right down to the fuel rail.

Please help I fucked up on this one I feel. Any access from below?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭sniperman

tie a small magnet,or a piece of magnet,the same size as nut,on a string,/fishing line,drop it in,should follow the same path as the nut,and stick to the nut (hopefully) then pull it out, this worked for me on a lost nut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

Could you get a length of hose, wider than the pipe, and just narrower than the nut, and push it down? It will follow the path of the pipe, and hopefull latch onto the nut.

You could also put a blob of very thick grease or bluetac onto the end of the hose to try and help it grab the nut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Thanks lads, ended up lifting the car and guiding it up from the bottom with a screwdriver around the turns, and then pulled it up with a magnet from the engine bay

my arms look like I was mauled by a bear but its done. Panic over. Any other one and it'd have been easy to get.

Then the leak off pipes broke so have to wait till tomorrow and hopefully she'll run grand.

Advertisement