Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Home Help / HCA

• 15-12-2023 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Do home helps that work for the HSE get paid if for example if a client goes into hospital/respite or if they cancel a call for the day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I don’t know the answer for sure buy you may be redeployed to cover holidays for another HCA or something

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cinderella2000

Yes they do, because they are paid their contracted hours no matter what.

So if contract is 39hrs and they've been given just 5 hrs work, they get paid 39hrs.

In reality, they are working above their contracted hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timmy123456789

Ok thank you. My contract is 20 hours as I am only starting out. Say for example I work 25 hours last week and only 15 this week. Will I be paid the remainder 5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 timmy123456789

@Cinderella2000 Ok thank you. My contract is 20 hours as I am only starting out. Say for example I work 25 hours last week and only 15 this week. Will I be paid the remainder 5 hours?

Advertisement