Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre 500 MB - fibre termination point keeps needing to be reset?

Options
  • 15-12-2023 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have had the Eir Fibre 500 Mb service since mid-September.

It is repeatedly dropping service around 5/6am in the morning - at least once a week now.

The termination unit (box on the wall with three green lights) keeps needing to be reset to restore the service, I kind of know now when all three lights are stuck solid on that there is a problem, in normal operation one of the lights normally blinks the other two are solid on.

Is anyone else finding this issue, it is becoming rather tedious at this stage, plus when it is reset the speed drops down, after this morning's reset I'm now getting 37.3 megabits down 49 megabits up, not near the 500mb it is supposed to be...

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Looks like you have a fault on the line. Call eir tech team, report this. If they can't fix it remotely, they'll arrange technician to come take a look at it. It would help them diagnose it better if you call them while you are having such issues such as only getting 37 MB/s download.

Advertisement