Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any value in Hong Kong?

Options
  • 15-12-2023 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Heading to HK in January for work and was wondering if there is any value in PC components there? Had a quick look online and didn't see to be, but not sure if I am checking the right places. Not looking for cheap knock off stuff, just if there are any bargains to be had.

Just about to build a new high end rig, the current part list https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7wFdGP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭circadian

I've never bought PC Components in Hong Kong but in general it is expensive and although it's been 10 years since I last visited, electronics prices were no different as far as I could tell. In saying that, someone might know of a market or whatever that you could maybe snag a bargain but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Honestly a lot of that parts list is RGB overpricing.

E.g. Drop to a cheaper 360 (or even 240) AIO and X670 (or even B650) motherboard and save 250-350eur. You don't gain any frames from from these.

I'd get a 4TB Lexar NM790 instead of 2TB Samsung 980. There's nothing special about Samsung SSDs.

Personally don't see the value in the Unifans when Arctic P12 ARGB PST exist for 1/3rd the price. Or Phanteks T30-120 for quiet airflow (could even try the new Alphacool Metal fans).

Advertisement