Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIRO - SKY HELP NEEDED

Options
  • 15-12-2023 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi,

I am a Sky Siro account user and I moved house. Siro was already installed and when the Sky satellite engineer came he said there was already a connection on Siro and this would need to be cancelled first.

After many calls to Sky I was told that Vodafone connection was at the address and was now cancelled. But that a new engineer would need to call out and that can't happen until the new year.

Is there anything I can do to, I don't see why an engineer is needed when the connection is working ?

I would even pay for an engineer to come out to fix the connection because I have two teenagers who can’t live without broadband. I’m in Ratoath Co. Meath.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭swoofer

Jeepers thats a new one on me!!! Switching FTTH/SIRO is all automatic. I assume you have the sky hub box and all connected up and powered on. All sky has to do is consult with VF and get the line re-allocated. ring them back, there is no need for an engineer and leave hub plugged in. When I switch i do give plenty of notice but usually takes 14/7 days and I get text messages giving progress. Surprised it was not obvious that SIRO was already active??

The problem is there will be a UAN allocated and that needs switching so dependent on VF and they may not be very keen etc. if you knew the UAN = universal account number you could ring vf and try that but time is the problem.

Advertisement