Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Liverpool vs United Charity Bet Thread

• 15-12-2023 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭

Big game on Sunday, much bigger in the grand scheme of things for United but apart from bragging rights, its a chance for Liverpool to stay at the top of the heap.

The world and Ireland currently is a bit crap for alot of people so in the spirit of the season of good will, and because alot of the more toxic elements of this forum have either been banned or just moved on, I'm proposing a bit of craic thread with the end result being a charitable organisation gets a few quid.

As per oddschecker right now, United are 8 to 1 to get the win on Sunday.

Life has been good to me this year so rather than just put on a bet myself, I'm asking the forum to get involved with me.

Basically, I will put up €250 on United to win at odds of 3/1, less than half of what the bookies are giving.

What that means is, anyone can place a bet with me (on thread only) that Liverpool will win Sunday (minimum bet of €10) and depending on the result, the loser donates to the charity choice of the winner.

For example.

Someone bets €20 that Liverpool will win. If they do win, I will donate €20 to a charity of their choice. If United win, they will donate €60 to a charity of my choice.

Clear?

I'd also like to suggest some thread rules (mod assistance required naturally)

1) Losing bets must be paid within 7 days and proof posted on thread otherwise the loser is permanently forum banned.

2) Only people that have entered a bet can comment on the thread (excluding mods naturally) and anyone that breaks this rule gets a 2 month forum ban.

3) Only charities registered in Ireland can be benefactors.

4) Only on thread bets made up to kick off on Sunday (16.30) are admissible.

5) If the game ends in a draw, the bets are chopped, ie, the amount staked will be paid 50/50 by the layer and by me, also must be evidenced on thread within 7 days or a permanent ban is implemented.

Hopefully that makes as much sense to the reader as it does in your head.

Happy Christmas to all and fingers crossed we get the full amount into play!

Advertisement