Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis Inverter Settings for Battery

Options
  • 16-12-2023 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Following an error with my inverter when the battery discharged to 3% ignoring Forcecharge setting of 10%, Solis support upgraded my firmware.

They also changed the settings - my batteries now keep topped up to 100% from the grid, which is not what I want.

What I do want is:

Charge batteries from excess generated by my panels

No charge from grid (unless force charge when battery low)

No discharge to grid.

Do I set Self Use charge and discharge times to zero?

Do I have to set "Allow charge from Grid" for Forcecharge to work, or will that override all settings?

I'd appreciate any help or comments.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ajnorth

I’ve got a similar setup here, Solis inverter with 5kw battery and 4kw solar on a separate inverter.

You should be right clearing and charge/discharge times, the charge from grid setting shouldn’t matter once you do that.

I have mine set up to charge from grid off peak. It then discharged at peak times. On these long winter days out battery will never charge off solar alone.

Advertisement