Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Dilemma: From 65 to 48 Inches - A Quest for the Perfect Fit!

• 16-12-2023 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Do you think I'm mad to consider downsizing from a Samsung Neo QLED 65-inch to a 48-inch LG C3 OLED? The Samsung TV is just over a year old, and I still have the original box. Furthermore, it's still within its warranty, and I also received a soundbar as part of a promotional deal, all totaling just over €2,000.

My kitchen and living room are combined, leaving about 9 ft. at best between me and the kitchen cupboards. I've already purchased the LG C3 48 for my gaming setup, but I'm worried that it might be too large. I'm considering keeping it for my main TV and getting the 42-inch model for use with my gaming setup.

Now, I'm also wondering how much I would get for my 65-inch TV and soundbar, considering I have the original packaging for the TV, and it is still within warranty."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Nobody can answer for your own preferences but I wouldn't downsize my 65 to a 48, although mine is built around so would look silly if I changed. But apart from that, I think it's a big drop in size for the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

2nd hand TVs have almost no retail value, with or without a warranty. I'm guessing you will be lucky to get a few hundred euro selling it 2nd hand.

I'd never downsize myself. TVs have improved in picture quality and this has allowed us to sit closer to bigger screens. Personally it would be a major step backwards for me to downsize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Never downsize, anytime I go bigger I always think feck I should of went another few inches.

As regards resale value, proabably about 500 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

"Never downsize, anytime I go bigger I always think feck I should of went another few inches."

Definitely not something you'd want to hear your missus saying 😂😂

Advertisement