Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway claim delivered but it's not!!

Options
  • 17-12-2023 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

I had a package coming from China and it arrived in Ireland few days ago and went to Fastways depot and it was loaded onto their van for delivery. I got an email yesterday morning around 8:30am (Sat 16th) to say my package was out for delivery today) I waited around all day, no sign of any delivery or driver all day, no update on tracking, but around 17:59 I get an email from Fastway to say my package has been delivered as per my instructions "left at front door". I went out and looked but nothing anywhere. I also DIDNT request anything with them like leave at the door. so that's BS.

I looked everywhere outside and there is no packages anywhere around there was no knock at the door. Has anyone else experienced this with Fastway.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Maybe it's at a neighbours front door? Ask them to upload a photo of parcel at your door in future. I believe Amazon have been doing this a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Deleted wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Get back to the vendor and report it as not delivered. Your contract isn't with Fastway, your contract is with the vendor and they haven't full filed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭blackbox

Based on my experience of Fastway, they've probably delivered it somewhere in your town.

With a bit of luck some householder will complete the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Best of luck but I'd say you haven't a hope with them.

Covid seems to have given couriers a licence to drop stuff at the front door and walk away.

Seen some stuff on the camera, they couldn't give a flying f.....

Contact the seller is your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

They are a joke, they delivered a large electrical appliance to me a while ago and left the box outside in the rain… they even took a picture of the box soaking in the rain on my doorstep and used that as proof of delivery.

They also tried to claim I asked them to leave it there….. back and forth with the retailer and a replacement was sent to me with a different courier service who also collected the soaking wet one as fastway wouldn’t engage over it even with the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

They are a nighmare of a company to deal with, your problem is one I have had several times with them.

As Del2005 said contact the vendor, it is their responsibility to ensure your purchase is delivered.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭gipi

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago. Item delivered, but no sign of it at my house.

Contacted customer service who were helpful, they contacted the driver who said he delivered it. They even sent me the map!

2 days later, driver contacts me to say he'd dropped a delivery 2 doors up, and might have dropped my parcel there too.....

I try not to order online deliveries if the company uses fastway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I had a package "delivered" by them a few years ago - same story they insisted it had been delivered, but no sign of it - I can't remember the exact sequence of details, but I eventually tracked it to a house 3 doors down from mine, people renting that I'd never even met before. They'd taken out in, but couldn't be arsed to knock on my door to tell me they had it.

Check with all your neighbours - and I mean ALL your neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

100% this. DPD are no better, they left 2 separate packages on my doorstep without ringing me or even ringing the bell. $1,000 quids worth of stuff just out on display.

Previously they left 2 flat screen TVs at the door, not even in plain cardboard boxes, just 2 tv boxes for all the world to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I've contacted the seller in China they're a pretty good company as regards their customer care and very engaging and helpful in all matters with your orders. So fingers crossed hopefully I get some help!!

I've bought from Amazon before a few times and they basically knock at the door and run away jump in the van and they're gone. Leaving package exposed at front door.

Do no couriers look for a signature or proof of delivery anymore.? I wouldn't mind if this package wasn't expensive but I'm sick with panic right now as this package is roughly €440 value. Is it possible they marked it as delivered on their system and its still on their van?

Have you checked with your neighbours?

I can't remember the last time I had to sign for a package - if they can offload it to any human being within striking distance of the actual delivery address that seems to be good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Covid gave couriers a free for all. Our fastway one just drops and runs with a doorbell ring or knock. Doesn’t even wait. The normal dpd guy is great. He’ll wait and no answer drops it into next door or other way around. At least with dpd they give you a text with an hour window and 99/100 he is there at the start of the time. Amazon I’m not pleased with. They give a time up to 9pm without a window. It seems we are near the end of his run as after 6 when they arrive. You think they’d have a better timing system than just anytime today

So I put the track number into parcelapp its a worldwide tracking website and this is what that says, apparently I gave them authority to leave, and according to my instructions a signature is/was not required!! Isn't this a breach of contract? They'll have no proof or any signature to show where I said or agreed to abything lik that, which I didnt obviously.I checked neighbours and nobody seen or has anything!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Our current Fastway driver is a gem, really reliable. But the lad before him was a disaster.

Having got a message to say a parcel had been delivered but no sign of it, I eventually discovered this lad had a habit of delivering all parcels for the area to the local Centra shop, which is 2k away from us! My parcel was sitting in a mountain of other unclaimed parcels in their store room. Shop staff said they routinely found parcels from Fastway piled up at the front door when they arrived at 7am to open up.

We're in a rural location, whether that is relevant I don't know, but if you happen to have a convenience store near you, it might be worth checking in with them.

I've checked local shop and there's nothing there neither.

I did getr this response from the retailer so I'll copy and past it here.

Hello dear Aidan,

Sorry for the concerns caused and thank you for being so patient while waiting for our reply.

It seems that this package is still a "in-transit" status, not "delivered",

We understand that their email said otherwise and has led to concerns, but from system information that email was probably mis-triggered.

As we are speaking, we are requesting an investigation for the status of this package with our carrier right now, and update you again once they have any responses.

From our experience, this package should be able to get delivered in 1-2 days, but we'll ask the carrier and make sure the information on the tracking link is the actual correct version. Please rest assured that we have Delivery Guarantee to protect you from this situation. 😉 We'll sort this out for you soon.

Pretty **** of Fastway to mark something as delivered and it's possibly still on truck. Maybe this is something to do with drivers getting certain quota of deliveries done or less paperwork? Either way it's a **** thing to do. Hopefully it's sorted soon. I won't be using Fastway again if I can help it.

I won't be using Fastway again if I can help it.

This is what bugs me. There's absolutely no way of telling what courier will be used when you order something online.

There are purchases that I definitely would not make if I knew that the likes of Fastway was going to be used - it's just not worth the hassle it causes.

DHL, or An Post, on the other hand, are dream teams for me.

Companies need to be encouraged to flag what couriers they're going to use (never going to happen, I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

This is my solution with Fastway when they get their paws on my package

Reply to their "Welcome Email" and specify a CHANGE OF DELIVERY ADDRESS WITH NAME to a bricks and mortar shop, I'm friendly with the proprieter.

Then, instead of specifiying my name and address for delivery something along the lines of

C/O CHRISTIAN NAME

UNIT X

X SHOPPING CENTRE

Of course this sort of solution is only useful if you know somebody with a bricks and mortar shop nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

I've had an post say they delivered an item , which never arrived, on investigation they sent me àn unreadable signature and that was the end of the matter. I couldn't get anywhere with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Would echo the experience of others with Fastway .I have two gates to the house and have found parcels just thrown over my main gate and other parcels left at the other gate in full view for anybody driving or walking by .Certainly has put me off buying things online .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Fastway are the pits. Once, they claimed to have delivered a package I was waiting for and sent me an email with what was supposed to have been my signature on their electronic pad. They had forged the signature and mis-spelled my name. I never saw the delivery and had to get a refund from the vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭thomas 123

They will sign it to get paid for it and meet the delivery window. You just have to wait because f you. - that is best case, like others have said it could be dumped in your local shop or with a neighbour.

Fastway are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Saudades

I have sometimes had Fastway packages incorrectly marked as delivered on the tracking. But they have always been genuinely delivered the next day. So yours could be delivered later today (Monday).

Update

I had a knock on my door this morning and it's from some old man that lives 9 houses up from me he lives in no. 25 and I'm in No. 16.

So anyways he asks me who I am and then proceeds to tell me he has a package in his car that was dropped by Fastway yesterday to him and its all ripped and opened. He tells me he hadn't touched it and it arrived to him this way. I'm inclined to belive the man as he was genuine enough and he came to my house to deliver the package Fastway left to him NINE HOUSES AWAY. Now this is ridiculous. So they DID drop the package off the other day when they said they it was left in safe place as per requested at the door. Except I never requested such a thing and never signed for anything.

I collect 1/6 scale figures adult collectible models, I had ordered 2 figures from this company which I may add is VERY reliable and I've had plenty of orders from in the past they're 100% legit and safe.

The package is opened as he said it was, the cardboard box is ripped opened, the outer plastic wrapping that was ripped off aswell. The box of the actual figure the seals of the box have been removed so that's a tell tale sign someone took the figure out and looked at it or through it. Nothing is missing, that I can tell but the seals are gone off the boxed figure so it's been tampered with and my other figure is completely gone. I'm down €200 and I feel sick. I ordered two figures and one has shown up in a ripped open box and the seals are gone from it so it's been tampered with.

They delivered the package to a house 9 doors away, marked it as delivered and signature not required, and that it was me that requested it was left at the door. All BS. I feel sick over this. This was an Xmas present to myself and I've waited months for this as they were preorders I was looking forward to. I dont know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That's very disappointing alright and I have to say I really hate when a package is being delivered by Fastway as it's never straight forward. If you paid by credit card or debit card then you are likely insured for the items - you should check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's the seller's job to get the packages to you safe and sound - NOT damaged and half-missing to a neighbour up the road. Insist they replace or refund, if not then chargeback.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Is there a regulator for Fastway? They lose my packages all the time and I never hear anything from them.

I don't understand how a business can carry on like that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just had this unfortunate same experience today,

the courier's GPS indicates he was at my place, got a signature (not from me) from "someone" and left the parcel in "a safe space",

I dont have a front garden, checked with neighbours that are home and nobody knows anything..

Girl i spoke with said to check outside my door - which opens onto a busy road lol

What the f**k was the driver thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Ah, the Fastway experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Once the fw driver reaches there, the loiter time is zero. The other courier drivers wait at least a minute.

Unto next parcel delivery with Fastway though.

Advertisement