Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today’s Plan shutting down - alternatives?

Options
  • 17-12-2023 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

its a pity that Today’s Plan is shutting down - I’ve used it for years and liked it. It was cheaper than Training Peaks but provided all the main features. Are any other users considering alternatives other than TP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Intervals.icu is a cracking site. I use it as a sideline to TP but in no way maximising the site to its fullest.

Have a look see as they say for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Never heard of that site, cheers. Have been a premium member to TP for years but a quick glance suggests that site does that i need. I assume its easy to integrate to zwift, do planned workouts sync easily to Zwift like TP does?

Can't say as it something i've not even looked at myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aldipower

Hi, please consider Tredict as a good alternative to Today's Plan. It is very cheap, in fact publish training plans is free and the read-only mode is also free forever.

Tredict has a Today's Plan integration, so you could save your structured workouts and bring them over to Tredict automatically.

Plan your training in advance with structured workouts with it and it features a very powerful analysis of your executed workouts. Also connected to your friends via Tredict to follow their progress or coach them. It connected to all major and minor platforms. Planned workouts get beamed onto my Garmin and Coros watches automatically. :-)

Have a nice day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭G1032

Intervals.icu

Been using it for 18 months. Cancelled my TP subscription and now using Intervals exclusively. €10 every 3 months (if you want to donate). Full features available as a free customer.

Only drawback and it' by no means a show stopper is Wahoo does not sync with it yet for planned workouts. So I have to download my planned workouts and manually load to my Elemnt Bolt. Syncing the other way (completed workouts from Bolt to Intervals is flawless but via Dropbox).

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aldipower

The Dropbox trick is great. Did not know. So there is a way now for Tredict to upload workouts to Zwift too, because it supports Dropbox too. This way you could also sync between Tredict and Intervals.icu. Dropbox is a funny versatile workaround. Tredict also has a direct Wahoo integration to sync executed workouts, but structured workouts cannot synced to Wahoo right now, because of the limitation of the Wahoo API.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hi Ho

Thanks all - I’ve tried intervals.icu and can’t believe how good it is for free.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: If you want to advertise, contact hello@boards.ie do not post in thread again until you have.

It's 'free' but if it's something we're gonna want around in years to come it's probably worth 'donating' the €3.33 p/m, at least some of the time. It's run by a guy in SA so he's gotta make a living from it. No ads or anything to get income from. Compared to Training Peaks it's an absolute steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Intervals can sync directly with Wahoo, apologies if I misunderstood what you were saying!

It can't sync the planned workouts to the Wahoo. To get the workouts onto the Wahoo you need to download the erg files (can do this a week at a time).

It can easily sync the completed activity files back to intervals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Yes sorry that bit is still manual, I thought you meant you had to sync completed workouts from Wahoo via Dropbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hi Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Had a quick look over today and seems ery promising, will certainly pay for the annual after trying out for a week or two. I assume theres no app for it? Thats the only thing i can see for now that doesnt seem to exist that id like. Could do with a new skin too!

No mobile app is a small negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Advertisement