Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 cats sick

Options
  • 18-12-2023 4:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

I’ve 2 cats that just became very sick. One with cancer and the other needs a diuretic.

Vet was going to operate cat with cancer last Friday but then decided not to because the tumour (egg sized) is on the cats throat so it could be too near her respiratory system and removing the cancer could kill the cat - that’s what he said. No treatment was suggested, so her tumor will probably continue growing until it kills her - I found strange that he did not offer any treatment… cat is 13 years old.

The other cat who needs a diuretic is 12 and vet said that he would rather not give him any diuretic because of his kidneys. He just wanted to put him down. I didn’t agree with putting him down so he came back home and only after I suggested to the vet by text message that we might try lasix, the vet said ok and now after nearly a week we’re going to try him on that.

Im just wondering if there’s anything else I could do to help my cats? I thought of homeopathic remedies but I’m not sure. My partner says there’s probably no point going to another vet.

The cat who has cancer is actually in good form. It’s the other one who needs diuretics that’s worse.

Advertisement