Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meaco Coil temperature sensor

Options
  • 18-12-2023 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭

I'm gettting E1 on my MeacoDry 12L, which from my research indicates a faulty coil temeprature sensor and it stays in defrost mode.

Has anybody sucessfuly replaced the temperature sensor? I disassembled the dehumudifier somewhat but not completely, I didn't spot it but wasn't too sure what I was looknig for in fairness.

I'm geussing the part would be less than €10 but Meaco won't sell it to me, can only be done by their service team and as it cost about €150 3 years ago it's out of warrenty and not financially viable to send it back for repair which is ridicluous as it's all working fine other than the sensor. I think it's worth a shot to fix, nothing to loose. Very little info available online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi.

It might be a brazed or soldered part on the coil, you could upload photos here and we'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Thanks, I'm actually away for Christmas now so be a while before I can update. I don't think disassembled enough last time but I'll give you a go again in January.

Advertisement