Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revolut app taking me to BOI app - legit?

• 18-12-2023 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi - I'm setting up Revolut. When I click on add money, easy bank transfer, bank of ireland - the Revolut app takes me to my BOI app to enter my BOI passcode. Is this legit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Yes as you are asking them they just pass you through with the details needed then the boi app takes over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Doesn't sound legit to me. I wouldn't trust any app that purports to take me direct to another banking app. The obvious risk is that a rogue app will screen scrape everything you type in and harvest your login details and PIN number. A quick way to empty your account.

When you do many BOI payments, the BOI app asks you to swipe right and enter 3 digits of your six digit pin.

Its BOI forcing this not revolut

Is this the first time using BOI online? I get this with many online purchases on an ongoing basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

But in those cases, the app or website where you're making a purchase doesn't open the BoI app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,125 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

For AIB, Revolut doesn't open the app.

Instead it asks AIB for approval, and the AIB confirmation message opens the app.

BOI may vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 digestive biscuits

No, I use BOI online all the time but I have to go to the BOI app myself - this is brining me there...

Ah. Right, mine does not do that. I have to open the BOI myself to complete the purchase. Sorry misunderstood the opening post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Just tried it there and doing an easy transfer does open the BOI app

It says it on the screen that it will do this

"We'll automatically send you to this bank to approve the transfer ....."

It's an action you are requesting so it's just helping you out.

The revolut app would need to be corrupted by malware etc to cause you any issues

You could copy the IBAN and then setup via the BOI app ( closing any open copies and then opening afresh if you have any concerns)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 digestive biscuits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

By the bye, last Friday I sent from BOI to Revolut via SEPA at 9am it was on Revolut by 11am (yes, same day👍) was a bit surprised that BOI were awake so early 🤣🥳

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

@The J Stands for Jay

I didn't have my eye on the money, might have been in sooner. Be doing it again this week, will watch more closely.

I got the time😊

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭daheff

No its not. SEPA has 4 settlement windows a day. so I guess the poster got in just before the clearing run and it settled in that timeframe.

Instant payment is a different product -probably what you are thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

Instead of setting up your bank Account, set up your bank Card as the source to withdraw from.

In that case it will work like any other online card payment.

If you normally get a text code or app popup to verify, it will be the same.

Being a card transaction it should be almost immediate.

Advertisement