Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mould above vent in bedroom, getting bad.

• 19-12-2023 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Hi There Folks,

See below photo. It's getting real bad. I just had the attic insulated a few months ago with SEAI grant, and now I'm getting this rally bad. Now I'm going to treat it with mould killer cleaner and then paint it with mould killer paint. But long term how do I stop it? I'll check the vents but I leave the windows open as much as possible to let in fresh air. Ive also bought those aero devices to absorb moisture.

Is there any other thing I could to stop this properly?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The vent looks pretty dirty, I'd take it off and give it a good clean and confirm that the opening is clear.

You might be getting very little air through it since it seems quite clogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭tom23

Cheers I'll replace it with something more open. I was thinking maybe there is an lctricla one that can pump in air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You dont need to replace it, just take it off to confirm that the opening isn't blocked (I have seen them stuffed with clothes for example) and also clean it to allow more air through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Is this the case from last month where there was a gap in the attic insulation above the mold? If so was that gap filled in, or are you able to see that point in the attic to confirm whether the insulation is present?

I had this on my daughter's room. Turned out that I hadn't pushed the glass-wool in far enough at one joist/rafter and it was a cold-spot which caused mold. Since correcting the insulation it is much improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Gusser09

The likes of this will usually point to an issue with ventilation in the room though not allowing moisture to escape. I see your point but I'd be surprised if removing any impediment to airflow didn't resolve the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement