Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foodie christmas present ideas

• 19-12-2023 11:43am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭

for brother and sister in law - previously we'd gotten them restaurant vouchers, or vouchers for a cheese and wine tasting session, or a leg of ham (long before aldi and lidl started stocking them!)

anyone have any ideas for unusual or interesting vouchers or food/drink related presents; nominal budget is €100 but willing to stretch if the idea is worth it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Should have mentioned - Dublin based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭squonk

Not food teally but I ordered a half case selection from this place https://www.killahoraorchards.ie/

Looks like lots of potential for them to pair with various food. Plus it’s a little different

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Cheers - probably a bit late to be ordering from them alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Previously I've bought beef bond vouchers from James Whelen butchers - it comes nicely presented and in a few weeks they've loads of steaks and barbecue stuff that they can then invite you around to enjoy. Always went down very well.

https://www.jameswhelanbutchers.com/info/beef-bonds/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

There are tonnes of subscriptions available that might suit. You could get one for coffee, wine, cheese, chocolate etc. I get my parents a butchered lamb each Spring. You can get a full or half one. The farm offers a few different butchering options and it only takes up two freezer drawers.

• Advertisement

Cheers - we'd considered that - we got a lamb years ago before my wife went veggie, but you'd need to know in advance they had that much freezer space and I strongly suspect they don't.

Advertisement