Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightsaver / Smart Meter - Confused!

• 19-12-2023 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14

I can't figure out if it's ok to let them go ahead and install smart meters for ourselves and also my mother. 

We have a good deal on an Urban Nightsaver tariff atm. We don't have solar panels or an electric car. We use 40% at night (mostly a 20 year old air to water heat system); my mother has small usage but it's 85% night (storage heaters). My guess is that we will want to keep a Nightsaver tariff for the foreseeable (?)...

I see different opinions on whether Nightsaver is available on smart meters and if we would be forced off of it at some stage.

I can ring the installers (TLI) and ask them about the meters they want to put in or whatever, but what should I even be asking them?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If unsure, you can refuse the new meter. You can then request one when you are ready. Requests are fulfilled in the Dublin area in about 3 months at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

You can sty on the current tariff once you move to smart but expect once your contract is up you might be forced to move

The big push was for FiT and as you don't have solar then that's not a requirement. You can reject the installation as posted above and stay on the current meter you have

The "new" smart meter support day/night

Advertisement