Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festive500 2023

Options
  • 19-12-2023 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting on it this year?

I'm going to give it a shot but may get derailed, like last year, by a wedding in the middle of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I’ve an open plan for the Xmas period so I’ll give it a bash between outdoor & Zwift depending on weather. For this who say Zwift doesn’t count, you try do 2hrs on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

It's in the plan. Usually manage to drudge it out most years

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

You're really selling it there😄

Thinking of doing it, but I need to practice hills more than I need to put in distance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

As someone to lazy to google, what are the rules, is it between the 25th and the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

24th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Will give it a go, have around 15 hours in the training plan for those days and will probably do majority of those indoor so some high avg speeds :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Exactly 😄 Zwift is particularly awful for it, the Kickr is a bit more reasonable. Even so it's only going to be worth a few km per hour anyway so not overly relevant....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Nope. Going to sit on my arse and eat.

6 month old at home sort of helps with that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭cletus

I have no baby, and I'm still going to sit on my arse and eat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

I was thinking of this but given that Christmas Day itself is out that means an average of 70km per day. And some of the weather looks awful. As the man once said, I may be getting too old for this sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭easygoing39

rflynnr is correct regarding the weather forecast,at the moment it's looking like a wet Xmas week.

Zwift Xmas eve & never cycle Xmas day so that will be the two worst days weather wise out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Xmas day falls on a rest day, so might give it a go after that. Rumours the club is doing a midweek spin which will help

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

My baby is 24. Can I still use this as an excuse to sit on my arse and eat?

100 odd damp km done today. Damn the rules, I'm counting it towards my 5!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Its bad enough with soft ba3tads doing the 500 km on indoor trainers without lad's like yourself starting a day earlier!!! I done 600 km's in 3 days last June,do you think I could use those kilometers towards the Christmas 2023 Festive500??LOL

Xmas eve traffic plus a rather damp & windy forecast means first part will be on Zwift as I’m soft ya know.

2hrs endurance or a 2hr race???

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭mitchelsontour

All indoor for me,between family stuff and work light will be against me.

Someone better tell Easygoing39 someone else appears to be posting under his username!

• Advertisement

Soft 2hrs on Zwift, solid endurance HR with a shade under 75km banked.

No spin tomorrow for fear of divorce 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Was planning 120km outdoors today but switched and rode the rollers instead for around 100km

Reckon I might weasel a couple of hours again tomorrow depending on how things pan out

135km to start the week off. Not really too bothered if I make the 500 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

A lousy start! Doubt I’ll get it done as I had intended doing 150+ today.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭vintcerf

Today is a perfect day to get some km in, so of course I'm sitting on my arse all day eating

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Really cant see how people can complete this without a divorce by Jan 1st! Unless its on zwift 'babysitting' the kids...

85k done on 2 days, cant spare much more time, ill try get 200 done, and that'll be it for me

Got out for 90 odd Christmas eve, nothing yesterday, and got a lovely 100 today even took in Laragh and the 2 gaps. Beautiful day out on the quiet Wicklow mountain roads. Club spin tomorrow should be another handy 100 and sure that'll be the back broken on it pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Back on track!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Got 100km in today so currently on 250.

Cracking conditions today

Advertisement