Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with these OBD Codes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P0471 - Could be a stuffed dpf or egr valve.

P00bc - is air flow too low - Mass air flow.

Educated guess Id say the EGR valve is either stuffed or has failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Haddonfield

Thanks for that. I'm planning on having dpf and egr deleted. If your right in what you think, would that get rid of problem? Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Whocare

Personally I wouldn't be doing that cars way too new and expensive. You be hard pressed to sell it on after that I would bet to dealership ect . If was low value vehicle Delete away but it not

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dom910

I have the same issue with my Volvo V60 142 181bhp.

Options are

Replacement, Clean or blank and remap

Replacement seems to best bet for the engine, but I'm not sure about the cost.

I don't know a garage that will clean the EGR.

There seems to be some garages out there that offer to blank and remap an EGR.

It would be good to know the pros and cons and if any Indy garage can do the replacement in North Kildare or west Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭9935452

How long have you owned the car and what is your usage of it ,ie miles per day, long trips etc.

Basically if your driving profile has caused the problems, there is little point in Replacement as it will happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

He is excellent.... stuff coming in and out of main dealers with thousands getting spent and not fixed. He generally gets to the route of it.

The most surprising one of his videos was one where the outside temperature sensor was in wingmirror. Mirror damaged and replaced with aftermarket part without sensor.

Ecu not having an outside temp reading was not behaving and not allow regen I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dom910

I have the car 5 1/2 years. I do a mixture of long and short journeys. I don't drive for work. I generally try to give it a good hard drive regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

Dirtbag move to delete anti pollution measures.

Like our brethren who burn cables for the copper, or dirty litter louts.

I wouldn't go as far as calling them dirtbag if vehicle is still running clean . But there is some cars with dpf deleted are running very smoky (because never fixed The reason why it blocked ie injector problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Hundreds of thousands of diesel gate vehicles still on the road, and hundreds of thousands that predate emissions legislation.

I'm not saying it's good to work around the emissions controls, but a lot of emissions controls are more political than environmental.

Op, what's your driving habits? Diesels need to be driven on long trips regularly.

• Advertisement

It only matters of Time Irish garda will start pulling smoky cars/truck

Advertisement