Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM Line Fault

Options
  • 22-12-2023 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Recently I've had 3 "GSM Line Faults" on my Quantam 70. This has worked fine for pervious 5 years and nothing has changed around the house lately. The house is in town and always had strong GSM signals?

The faults seem to be transient and I can see in the app log they are cleared after about 30 seconds.

Just wondering is this typically a network fault or fault with the GSM module?

Also is there a way to check if it happening regularly and only getting flagged if issue is present when gsm line is checked ? Is it possible to increase frequency of GSM line check to see if problem is more regular ?

Is there a why to see GSM signal strength that the module is reporting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC reported the other day that they are investigating's an issue doing this.

So they are aware of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

I haven't seen issue since. Do you know did HKC report a resolution ?

It was at the service providers end and was resolved.

I seem to have had a few of these "GSM Line Faults" again lately and when I tried to log in tonight it could not contact from the app. Worked when I re-tried about 5 mins later. I see the network is '3Ireland' and signal is 100%………………..Does anyone know are there know issues again on the HKC side ?

Yes, it is something they are aware of and are trying to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

having this issue now. Anybody get a resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gigi60

I’ve had lots of connection issues with HKC, more recently the ones at the end of June, to which the company issued a Service Update advice by email. However, my service is still very slow in responding & sometimes doesn’t work at all. Then today I get an invoice for €94, with no allowance for service downtime. I phoned to complain & was totally stonewalled. I was told the service was disrupted for just one day (mine was down for way longer). I learned that the company have no formal complaints system when I asked for a complaints no & that it was in the Ts&Cs that the full amount would be charged, regardless of service availability. When I asked for a member of management to further discuss, I was told no one in the company was willing to talk to me, bar the person that answered the phone. The only thing I could do was send in an email.
    I’ve now reported this matter of lack of consumer protection with CCPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Ted222

What specifically are you hoping the CCPC will do?

Their advice is likely to be to move to another provider which is easier said than done in this case.

I'm still having the connectivity issues and HKC don't offer any tech support. They refer me to installer but it is HKC who invoice me for the service! The installer says nothing wrong but will send a tech onsite, with a large callout fee, to tell me the same….

Any suggestions how to resolve this? Today the app would not connect so I went into the GSM status and could see signal at 100% from 3Ireland….

The system is a Q70 and the SW is V3.3.2

If they called out Id have them update the panel software as its up to version 4.2 now.

GSM line faults was an issue on that older version in some cases.

HKC have identified the issues and they are still working on it. They sent installers an email on the 4th of this month letting us know. They will be migrating everyone to the new server over the next month or so when this is resolved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement