Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign coins

• 22-12-2023 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

I have about 60 AUS Dollars in coins, is there anywhere to change them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭chrisd2019

No bank will want them. Watch out for someone going on a holiday there, or home for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭pakb1ue

Try https://www.leftovercurrency.com/

I've used them twice once pre-brexit and once post-brexit. You get a bad exchange rate but it was better than throwing them in the bin. The post-brexit experience was a bit of a pain as An Post refused to send it without a customs form and had to be sent by registered post which added to the cost. So if you are in the UK any time soon I'd send it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,475 ✭✭✭✭elperello

In airports you will see charity collection points which accept any currency.

You won't get any money for your coins but they will end up doing some good.

Advertisement