Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family holiday with weather sinilar to Lanzarote

Options
  • 23-12-2023 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

We did Lanzarote last July/August. We have 2 kids, 6 and 4. There was a great wind relief from the heat in Lanzarote. Are there any other places that have a similar breezy relief. Ive heard Mallorca is very hot for example. This is for last week in July first week in August as creche is closed then

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

We went to Mallorca (Cala D'or, south coast) in May/June last year. I'm hoping we were unlucky as tbh, the weather was a massive let down.

We're going to Corralejo next August, it's a across a short stretch of water from the south coast of Lanzarote so has similar weather, possibly more wind. It looks to be much better for golden sandy beaches.

Post edited by theteal on

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The island of Menorca has plenty of wind it’s a step up from Mallorca in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

Why not go across the channel from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura.Low lying island and gauranteed windy all year.Only problem with it being windy is you forget the sun cream and then babbies screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭McSween

Hi all. Thanks for the replies. We have been to Fuerteventur before so it is a good option. Any non-spain suggestions? Corfu too hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 BornSkippy

I'd expect Corfu to be to hot for you at that time of year. Try Madeira. It's an island a few hundred miles north of the Canaries. Ryanair fly there now.

I recommend you use the comparison tool on the Weatherspark website to test various destinations against Lanzarote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement