Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International 574 stopped

• 23-12-2023 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Was driving along and she just stopped....She will start and run for 5 seconds then shut off, keeps doing this

I changed all the diesel filters but still at it.

Any help most appreciated guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

Just an update here

I got diesel coming good to the 4 injectors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

Hammer and lane job!

Only joking. Do you have diesel at the 4 injectors and it won't fire up?

Air filter ok, the fuel filters were in bad state but all replaced now but still at exactly same carry on

• Advertisement

Could be lift pump or injector pump. The lift pump wouldn't be expensive to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Open the lift pump and check the little gauze filter and housing for sediment/dirt. You say you are getting diesel to the injectors but maybe not enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Who2

I had the same problem years ago with one of those, it was dirt in the tank that would block up every so often with the way the tank and outlet is. A good clean out of the diesel tank sorted the problem. They are a great wee tractor, regret ever selling ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Blow the line back to the tank with an air compressor. sounds like it might be dirt in the line.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Any leaks around the injector pump?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

Ok checked the filters again and now no diesel coming but diesel coming plenty out of injector pump and injectors themselves

Tank is 3/4 full

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭orm0nd

not familiar with that particular model but most IH had a gauze filter on the outlet, just be care you don't blow that off & back into the tank 'cos you will be plagued with sh1t in the system if you do

better option if that filter is fitted is whip off the feed line and unscrew the unit from the tank and clean

(as i said it might not be true for the 574 model)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Sounds like the stop solenoid on the diesel pump. Try tapping the side of it with a spanner to get it going, it may just be getting stuck. They are about €25 to buy

Advertisement