Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is milking or down the yard in the morning?

Options
  • 24-12-2023 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Anyone milking in the morning or feeding.

im milking stale cows at the minute.

milk,lime cubicles and push in feed.

Get to yard early, back home for 8.30,done for the day.

Its grand to get out of the house. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

Happy christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I’ll put the kids to bed now and put feed out for the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭893bet

I have in-laws over. I have several jobs on tomorrow included…/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Snap!

I have several escapes planned for tomorrow and the day after

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yeah feeding and usual herding jobs. im dosing a batch of ewes on Tuesday for fluke, that will be their first fluke dose of the Autumn and early winter. weather seems to be decent dry weather for getting work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Have enough silage in til day after Stephens day. But will give in the nuts to the weanlings and one bullock that I’m fattening. 10 minutes work.

go out feck all these days but always have a good session and back a few horses in Stephen’s day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Oh and I spent most of the day scraping the yards, putting up extra silage and bedding the dry bedded sheds and liebacks in the slatted sheds. OH will do the rounds in the morning whilst I cook the dinner. I will herd tomorrow evening after the dinner is ate. I'll grape up or push up any silage and feed the young stock with a few bags of meal. It's a job that I really enjoy doing after eating all around me on Christmas day. IMO it helps digestion, iykwim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Doubled up silage allocation today so just a quick run around with wheel to push in silage tomo and feed weanlings meal. Will skip liming cubicles for the day. Need a bit of luck that no scrapers start acting up or an animal sick but usually things are OK Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Heading out now in a few minutes, kids got up at 5. Well they're not kids anymore but still love Christmas morning

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Just heading out the door now aswell,about an hour's work feeding liming and scraping .. not too bad a morning here, overdid the baileys and the quality street watching die hard on tg4 last night FFS ...need a good workout now and might take a walk around the fields to get me right for the dinner..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Just feeding/ cleaning here, at home and outblock 2 hrs should do it. Burst water trough and cows pulled down an internal gutter yday so hopefully they won't be messing today. One 2 many pints last night so the fresh air be no harm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Everything set up for a few days light farming. Meal filled out in buckets for each group. Bales at the barrier just a bit of piking morning and evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,449 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just heading out the feed the bit of meal. 10 minutes.

Kids up at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Kids up at 7, small lady teething all night, just finished in the yard now, push up silage and give meal 25 mins. Nice to have so peace and quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,653 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Back on the farm now. Have to put out four vales and throw out a bit ration. An hour work

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭stanflt

Just emptying the last feed now- only had to fill the tub 3 times this morning- had to feed calves with milk also- I started at 9.30

brother milked the cows and did the cubicles- great team work especially when you have all the equipment to speed everything up- ride on cubicle better was the second best purchase after the teleporter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

Grape up silage????

😄😄 only messing

Happy Christmas all

Lads up before 5.....Nice to get out in the fresh air after an early start, in for mug if tae & mass

The bare minimum work for the nxt few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Late start here, hour and a half of jobs done and about 20 mins left to do this evening, put in extra silage yesterday to leave today as handy as possible.

Advertisement