Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dose for light weanlings

Options
  • 26-12-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭

I have 15 dregs of light bucket fed weanling on slats,they have a bit of a cough but healthy and eating .I was thinking of giving them a dose but wondering would animec super be too strong would it be wiser to go with something lighter as I would think something too strong might quench them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Levicide dose down the throat if you don’t mind dosing them, could give them a stronger product next time if they need it. The cough could be a virus also, are they vaccinated?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Have they been out? If not, no need to dose. If they have and haven't been dosed, then a white dose might be easier on them if you suspect Hoose. If they came in not coughing I wouldn't be thinking of Hoose.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Jack C

Done a few bucket lads that were coughing a good bit with Fenben a couple of weeks ago and it seem to clear them up fairly well. Fenben has same active ingredient as Panacure. But I'd also really recommend IBR vaccine if not already done as IBR seems to be everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Have weanlings out on kale and they were coughing a bit coming in for meal. Vaccinated for ibr and gave albex dose at fluke rate. They are coughing more now 4 days later so I hope are getting rid of any lungworm burden now. Thinking if I went with something stronger they would be under pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Did mine with Fenben as well. Great stuff!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Could be a virus which brings on pneumonia, with hoose the cough is dry in the throat, for pneumonia watch out for a deeper chest cough like as if they have fluid in the lungs, also they would have a runny nose. When they get bad they can go off the meal and run a temperature. It's rampant on housed Weanlings lately with this mild damp weather.

Advertisement