Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bovine Colostrum. Now a health food.

Options
  • 27-12-2023 3:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭

Just going through tiktok and a health guru pops up. Recommends hawthorn berry, dandelion root, milk thistle and now Bovine colostrum.

I vaguely know of farmers selling it for the German market.

But it seems it's a health food now.

Seemingly available on Amazon.

You learn something every day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Years ago Colostrum was fried on a pan and eaten, similar to a pancake, back in the days when nothing went to waste.

I knew a retired surgeon who spent a lot of time researching the value of colostrum as an immune booster, sheep colostrum was superior to cows in his opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭✭elperello

It was known as beestings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I read on the 1937 national school essay submission that it was mugfulls of the second milking was given to children, the first milking was for the calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

I was friendly with a girl from Kenya in school and she loved farming. Told me that when a cow calved they got a few squirts as a treat, before the calf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

not supprised. There are body builders buying breast milk now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement