Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labrador cross?

Options
  • 27-12-2023 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,When I got my dog I understood he was 100% Lab,I saw both his parents.Look at him,He is 2 years old but his tail is not typical lab and he is fairly slim.Any ideas what other breed he could be mixed with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

He seems all lab to me. He's what they'd call a gamekeepers dog. A good all-rounder. I've had a lab like that and she had the best pedigree and was a good gundog. Working dogs don't look like the show dogs. It's how they perform that matters .

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Dermot224

Thank you,So his long slightly feathered tail does not indicate a cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

No. There are breed standards set for show dogs but they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Have a look at pictures of working labradors on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Looks like a nice labrador to me, from working lines so lighter than show lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

That's all lab by the looks of him, good looking dog.

We have 3 labs and 2 of them (both black) have the feathered/bushy tail and our golden one has a more slender tail.

Our golden would be same build as yours, the blacks a tiny bit stockier but not much, would be closer to working lines than show lines which I personally prefer

• Advertisement
Advertisement