Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How has Christmas been with Alzheimers sufferer?

• 28-12-2023 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

I'm just wondering how those caring for a person with Alzheimers have found the Christmas break? I've found it quite challenging with my mother. Shes living with us now and has moderate Alzheimers. Whats difficult is that she wants to be occupied 24/7 and constantly asking "what are we doing now" or "where are we going now", theres no downtime with her, the family cant just have a day to relax. Obviously not having her carer come in this week and her daycare being closed has thrown everything off for her but the nice relaxing few days for the family who are getting a well deserved break from work/school/college hasn't been as relaxing as we had hoped. Just wondering if others find the same?

Advertisement