Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priming/Bleeding ALFCO Slurry Scraper hydraulics

Options
  • 28-12-2023 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Our Alfco Slurry Scrapers are using so much oil and Hydraulic 32 at €65+ that I'll soon need to drill our own oil well.

Cleaned up around the valve block - which is cantilevered off the pump, as opposed to supported from the bolt holes in the block - found all the hose connections are dripping and evidence of oil up the hoses suggesting the crimped on hose/fitting joint is leaking.

I'm not sure if the valve block with the solenoid valves is on the pump delivery or return, regardless it's quite a heavy unsupported lump with valves opening and closing - little wonder there are leaks and/or the hose couplings have failed.

I'm going to removed the hoses and take them to out local lad that makes up hoses and have the hose fittings replaced - the hoses are otherwise in good nick and plenty long enough although he might have other ideas, but he is the sort of bloke that wouldn't condemn the hose unless it really is knackered. I'm also going to get him to knock up a short length of hose in order that I can mount the block on the timber beam there using M6 coach screws (you can see 1 of the 2 mounting holes on the top left of the valve block there is another on the top right).

While the block is off, I'll take all the connections off it and replace all the dowty seals, but I don't really believe they are the problem.

Where I need some advise is, are these pumps self priming? If not, how do you bleed the air to prime the hydraulic system after the hoses are all replaced?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Fill the reservoir up as the pump is in there and just keep it topped up as you're filling the hoses.no harm to have a collector on the end of the hoses.that said I think she ll clear the air herself if you just connect everything up

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

I replaced the oil in mine and replaced a few seals on the rams.

Didn't have to bleed it at all, working away perfect since.

Advertisement