Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haier or Beko washer and dryer

Options
  • 28-12-2023 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some advice. I need a new washing machine and tumble dryer. I'm between Haier or Beko (as they appear to be the only brands that have reverse tumble action on their heat pump dryers).

Any ideas on which brand I should go with, there is not much difference in price for the ones I want.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is the Haier you're looking at one of the ones with direct motion and 5Y warranty?

What models are you comparing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭user1842

For the washing machine it's the:

Beko B5W5941AW (BEKO 9KG/1400 SPIN WASHING MACHINE - AQUATECH - INVERTOR MOTOR) VS Haier HW100-B14979 31011222 (HAIER 10KG 1400 SPIN IPRO SERIES 7 WASHING MACHINE)

For the heat pump dryer it's the:

Beko B5T4923IW (BEKO 9KG HEAT PUMP DRYER WITH SENSOR DRYING CONTROL) VS Haier HD90-A2979 31102148 (HAIER 9KG HEAT PUMP DRIER SERIES 7)

I'm not too concerned about the higher capacity of the Haier washer, as the Haier dryer has a lower capacity. The Haier's are over a €100 more expensive but there is a €100 cash back on each of them (until the 31 Dec 2023) so that brings them in at the same price, roughly, as the Beko's.

I have no idea which brand is more reliable, any ideas?

Ideally I would have paid a bit extra for a Samsung or LG but they do not have reverse tumble action (which they should have at their price point, reverse tumble is a basic feature to stop sheets from going into a ball and not drying).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Just bought that Haier washing machine from Power City. It's a very good washing machine & is well reviewed.

It's incredibly quiet, which was reason for purchase. Good feature set with dry cleaning like "steam refresh" option.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If I were to choose between the two, it'd be Haier, especially if there's little difference on price. It has a 5Y warranty once registered. Also the washer has i-Time, which allows you to have more control how long certain cycles last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭user1842

Thanks Haier it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement