Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with newly fitted windows

Options
  • 29-12-2023 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi everyone.I recently had triple windows installed in my house at the cost of nearly 5 thousand.I noticed after a few weeks the adjustment has gone out on 3 of the windows and you can see daylight through the gaps.The company who fitted the windows are ignoring my calls and won’t call out to fix them.I have been trying now for 6 months to get them repaired.Just wondering what would be my first step.Do I go to small claims or contact consumer protection?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

what warranty came with them? Good companies offer up to 20 years guarantee.

I've seen a few operating with just a mobile number to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

The usual

He was recommended by a friend and was a good salesman.Warranty was 10 years and I will be back if any problems.They have 2 mobile numbers and he just keeps ignoring my calls and messages.

I feel your pain. So many poor tradesmen out there.

Yes try the small claims court.

Keep hounding him with calls in the meantime. Try ringing from a mobile number he won't recognise.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Seems to be a lot of dodgy tradesmen around lately.Its terrible when you take out a credit union loan to pay for a job and you get this.Im still paying back the loan and will be for 3 more years.Where do you think small claims will get me?Just wondering thanks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Text him to say you want it fixed or you will be on the internet with bad reviews and mention small claims court too, keep texting and i guarantee they will sort it. Mention in the text that you rang several times and was ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

I'd start with the "friend", OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 UrbanVixen

If OP paid for the job with his credit card can he use the chargeback system ?

Where OP goes next probably depends on what needs to be done to remedy the situation. If repairs can correct the situation and they are less than €2,000 the Small Claims Court looks to be the way to go as per Xander10 above.

However, if the remediation of the problem is going to be more than €2,000 it looks like a District Court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I don't think chargeback can be used when the issue is a dispute as to the quality of the goods or services delivered.

Advertisement