Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2024 Edition!)

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Megaman V (GB)
    2. Liberation Maiden (3DS)
    3. The Starship Damrey (3DS)
    4. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
    5. Doom Eternal (PC)
    6. System Shock (2023)
    7. Weapon Shop de Omasse (3DS)
    8. Kirby's Adventure (NES)
    9. Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways (PC)
    10. Princess Maker Refine (PC)
    11. Metal Slug 1st Mission (Neo Geo Pocket Colour)
    12. Metroid Prime Remaster (Switch)
    13. Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP)
    14. Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley (PC)
    15. Elite Beat Agents (DS)
    16. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
    17. Yeah! You Want "Those Games," Right? So Here You Go! Now, Let's See You Clear Them! (PC)
    18. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PC)
    19. Tomb Raider 3 (PC)
    20. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PC)
    21. Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (DS)
    22. Contra 4 (DS)
    23. Metal Slug: 2nd Mission (Neo Geo Pocket Colour)
    24. Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (PC)
    25. Ys: Memories of Celceta (PC)
    26. Sega Rally Championship (PS2)
    27. Steambot Chronicles (PS2)

Steambot chronicles

Steambot chronicles is a game featuring mechs that run on petroleum and not steam but don't let that put you off. Steambot has you waking up on a beach with amnesia and then explore the world on your janky mecha while travelling with a globetrotting band. Finding out you past is the main push of the story but the story is kind of lack. The main focus is just enjoying and taking in a wildly ambitious open world and a rare example of a true sandbox game.

And when I say wildly ambitious I mean overly ambitious. The game has a tonne of systems all interacting. There's two modes of transport, on foot and in your mech with their own unique control schemes. There's tonnes of side hustles such as pool, fossil collecting, a stock market and towns/railroads to rebuild. You can even busk by playing songs with each instrument you use having its own controls for the rhythm action game. The developer Item aren't the biggest developer and as a result the frame rate can really chug although the engine feels solid enough and the cel shading has a distinct style.

Steambot chronicles is a game greater than the sum of its parts. It presents a fantastic world to explore and get lost in. There's some great moments in the story, particularly some shadow of the Colossus esque boss battles but there's some real lows like a protracted fetch quest towards the end.

The series was meant to continue. It did have an arena fighting game on PSP that no one remembers but a sequel was also in the works on PS3 before Irem closed down. Granzella was formed by former employers and has taken over many of irems IPs and the team lead is the lead developer of Steambot. While he has expressed interest in bringing the series back he has also said that it's a massive undertaking and unlikely any time soon. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Luna84

1. Starfield [Xbox]
    2. Somerville [Xbox]
    3. Planet of Lana [Xbox]
    4. Cocoon [Xbox]
    5. Quantum Break [Xbox]
    6. The Gunk [Xbox]
    7. Grounded: Fully Yoked [Xbox]
    8. Fe [Xbox]
    9. Figment: Journey into the Mind [Xbox]
    10. Open Roads [Xbox]
    11. Still Wakes The Deep [Xbox]
    12. SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated [Xbox]
    13. Crackdown 2 [Xbox]

Crackdown 2

Good game but it there was a few tricky parts in the game but you get through them eventually. Mind you the large freaks were annoying as they would knock you over and you cannot get up for a fair few seconds and sometimes you would be getting up and they knock you again all while you had no control over the playing character. Then human enemies with full auto grenade or rocket launchers would do the same as in you lose control of character and he is on the ground with explosions all around while you lose health. And for a game where you climb, sometimes he doesn't do what you want while climbing a building and not grab a ledges.

But besides all that I enjoyed the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

1. Red Dead Redemption (Xbox) - finished it and the undead nightmare mode. Hadn't played it since it originally came out years ago, it's excellent still. Even if the graphics are ropey and the controls could do with improving.
    2. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox) - possibly my favourite game of all time. Such a good game, spent a good chunk of time avoiding the story just to explore and go achievement grinding.
    3. Escape Academy (Xbox) - found this on gamepass, it was very satisfying when you solved the puzzle on own. Made me consider going to an escape room actually (haven't yet though).
    4. Harold Halibut (Xbox) - I don't know why I started this. I don't know why I finished it. The gameplay is boring, the story is odd and it's so slow.
    5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Xbox) - I think I played a bit of this on Stadia of all things years ago. I don't really like Star Wars movies, but some of the Star Wars games are excellent. This was great fun.
    6. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (Xbox) - I played this immediately after fallen order. I was very pleased that they didn't do they annoying thing loads of sequels do by removing a bunch of the powers you had from earlier games. Cal's character in this has all of the things learned from the first game, I appreciated this. I also much preferred the sequel to the original.
    7. Super Mario Brothers 3 (SNES) - Not sure of the exact order from here on as these were on steam deck so I don't have dates, they slot in amongst the various xbox games. Finally finished mario brothers 3. I think it's my favourite Mario game.
    8. Super Mario World (SNES) - Also finished this, but was a right slog at the end. Put me off playing another Mario game for a bit.
    9. Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2) - I played a bunch of the Tony Hawk's games, but this is the only 1 I actually went to the bother of finishing. I didn't realise how much of my musical taste came from Tony Hawk's games, such a pity the quality tailed off with this series.
    10. Call of Duty: Modern Warefare (Xbox) - Finished this in a much quicker time than expected. I know that COD games are all about the multi-player but the campaign was frustratingly short. Good game though, but I'd be annoyed if I paid full price for the campaign alone (I don't have the time or interest to devote to online gaming). Game only cost me a tenner though, so not all bad.
    11. Gris (Xbox) - Just finished this, was happy it ended when it did. A beautiful looking (and sounding) game with a decent amount of puzzle in it. But it was just starting to get tedious when it ended, so kudos to the designers for not dragging it out.

Currently playing: I have COD MW2 on the go, and installed Stray on my steamdeck over the weekend, so those 2 for now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Megaman V (GB)
    2. Liberation Maiden (3DS)
    3. The Starship Damrey (3DS)
    4. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
    5. Doom Eternal (PC)
    6. System Shock (2023)
    7. Weapon Shop de Omasse (3DS)
    8. Kirby's Adventure (NES)
    9. Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways (PC)
    10. Princess Maker Refine (PC)
    11. Metal Slug 1st Mission (Neo Geo Pocket Colour)
    12. Metroid Prime Remaster (Switch)
    13. Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP)
    14. Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley (PC)
    15. Elite Beat Agents (DS)
    16. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)
    17. Yeah! You Want "Those Games," Right? So Here You Go! Now, Let's See You Clear Them! (PC)
    18. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PC)
    19. Tomb Raider 3 (PC)
    20. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PC)
    21. Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (DS)
    22. Contra 4 (DS)
    23. Metal Slug: 2nd Mission (Neo Geo Pocket Colour)
    24. Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (PC)
    25. Ys: Memories of Celceta (PC)
    26. Sega Rally Championship (PS2)
    27. Steambot Chronicles (PS2)
    28. Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies (PS2)

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

Ace Combat 4 came out at the tail end of 2001 which was a crazy year for incredible PS2 releases. As a result in kind of flew under the radar, excuse the pun, but managed to build a cult following with people that did play it.

AC4 is the second game set in the serie's "strangereal" setting, an alternative earth. The world was devastated by a massive asteroids shower and to deal with it governments collaborated to build massive weapons to shoot these meteors out of the sky. Unfortunately after this event it was noted just how good these weapons were for war. Subsequent games center around these massive weapons are their effect on geopolitics. In AC4 you pilot a jet for an alliance of states trying to take back the continent of Usea from the invading Eurasian forces. Unfortunately Usea is dominated by the massive anti asteroids rail gun array called Stonehenge.

AC4 took the already excellent gameplay of the series and brought it up to date for the then next gen PS2. It's a remarkable technical achievement for such an early PS2 game and other than some low resolution ground textures when you get close it still holds up well. The game was a real tech show piece at launch. Ground textures are derived from satellite imagery and the horizon fog is far in the distance. There's some gorgeous effects that convey weather and clouds quite realistically and a gorgeous specular effect on water.

As a game it's a bit of a step back from the previous entry. AC3 was a two disc behemoth of a game with anime cutscenes and branching paths, but only in Japan. In the west the game had all the story removed, missions number was halved and it had the same linear structure as previous games. While the 18 missions present are all great they lack some of the variety in the previous games and the game is quite short, weighing in at 3-4 hours. However there are some standout missions especially when you come under fire from Stonehenge mid mission. The battle for Stonehenge and the penultimate mission of the siege of Fabranti, the capital and it's finale dog fight with the enemy squadron were absolutely spectacular. Both locations are revisited by Ace Combat 7.

What caught me off guard with this game is the story. As you play the game will cut to the story of a young boy that lost his parents due to the war and is now loving under occupation of the enemy. It's actually quite moving and deals with some heavy themes while highlighting the absurdity of war. Did not expect it to be so good. I also like the environmental storytelling with locations showing the devastation of the meteor shower. Last thing to mention is the excellent soundtrack, Namco usually deliver here but they were absolutely on fire during the PS2 era.

AC4 is a short but very sweet slice of aerial combat. It plays better than most modern games thanks to a smooth 60 fps update and is quite handsome for a PS2 game.

1. Red Dead Redemption (Xbox) - finished it and the undead nightmare mode. Hadn't played it since it originally came out years ago, it's excellent still. Even if the graphics are ropey and the controls could do with improving.
    2. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox) - possibly my favourite game of all time. Such a good game, spent a good chunk of time avoiding the story just to explore and go achievement grinding.
    3. Escape Academy (Xbox) - found this on gamepass, it was very satisfying when you solved the puzzle on own. Made me consider going to an escape room actually (haven't yet though).
    4. Harold Halibut (Xbox) - I don't know why I started this. I don't know why I finished it. The gameplay is boring, the story is odd and it's so slow.
    5. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Xbox) - I think I played a bit of this on Stadia of all things years ago. I don't really like Star Wars movies, but some of the Star Wars games are excellent. This was great fun.
    6. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (Xbox) - I played this immediately after fallen order. I was very pleased that they didn't do they annoying thing loads of sequels do by removing a bunch of the powers you had from earlier games. Cal's character in this has all of the things learned from the first game, I appreciated this. I also much preferred the sequel to the original.
    7. Super Mario Brothers 3 (SNES) - Not sure of the exact order from here on as these were on steam deck so I don't have dates, they slot in amongst the various xbox games. Finally finished mario brothers 3. I think it's my favourite Mario game.
    8. Super Mario World (SNES) - Also finished this, but was a right slog at the end. Put me off playing another Mario game for a bit.
    9. Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2) - I played a bunch of the Tony Hawk's games, but this is the only 1 I actually went to the bother of finishing. I didn't realise how much of my musical taste came from Tony Hawk's games, such a pity the quality tailed off with this series.
    10. Call of Duty: Modern Warefare (Xbox) - Finished this in a much quicker time than expected. I know that COD games are all about the multi-player but the campaign was frustratingly short. Good game though, but I'd be annoyed if I paid full price for the campaign alone (I don't have the time or interest to devote to online gaming). Game only cost me a tenner though, so not all bad.
    11. Gris (Xbox) - Just finished this, was happy it ended when it did. A beautiful looking (and sounding) game with a decent amount of puzzle in it. But it was just starting to get tedious when it ended, so kudos to the designers for not dragging it out.
    12. Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 2 (Xbox) - it's a COD game, you know what you're getting. The story is more or less a direct continuation from MW1, but I feel there is probably a larger mythology around the game that I don't know. They introduced some new level types in this game, some were fun (directing people using cctv system) but others were tedious (they have stealth levels where you need to collect items to build weapons or booby traps and stuff). Not a bad game, but if you are paying full price the single player alone it's not worth it (I paid €20 in CEX so not bad).

Currently playing: I'm about to start MW3 to complete the trilogy. I also have Stray on my Steam deck too.

• Advertisement

10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Xbox) - Finished this in a much quicker time than expected. I know that COD games are all about the multi-player but the campaign was frustratingly short. Good game though, but I'd be annoyed if I paid full price for the campaign alone (I don't have the time or interest to devote to online gaming). Game only cost me a tenner though, so not all bad.
    12. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox) - it's a COD game, you know what you're getting. The story is more or less a direct continuation from MW1, but I feel there is probably a larger mythology around the game that I don't know. They introduced some new level types in this game, some were fun (directing people using cctv system) but others were tedious (they have stealth levels where you need to collect items to build weapons or booby traps and stuff). Not a bad game, but if you are paying full price the single player alone it's not worth it (I paid €20 in CEX so not bad).
    13. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox) - finished the trilogy. Worst of the 3 games. Shorter campaign, clunky mechanics in part. Story a bit all over the shop too. I assume (I didn't play) that they focus all of their efforts into multi player modes and stuff. Pity.

Currently playing: There's a Mafia game and Crash Bandicoot available on gamepass, so I've downloaded them. I also have Stray on my Steam deck too. I do have ~€20 credit in CEX due to me for COD:MW & MW2 - any suggestions on a non-gamepass game to pick up for my Xbox?

Nevermind I looked it up it's the remaster of the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

GAME #21 || The Last of Us Part I

PLATFORM || PlayStation 5

Swore off buying this remake since it released because I just did not agree it should've been released at full price. That being said, my best pal bought me a PSN gift card with £35 on it so I used it to get half off this.

It looks stunning, very fitting of a PS5 game — still don't think it was needed but might as well play the best version if I was to replay it again. I don't feel too bad having bought it since, like I said, it was half price out of my pocket.

Not much I can say since I've beaten this game numerous times so I'll just say if you haven't played it and you have a PS3/4/5 — get this. The story alone is worth it, even if the gameplay is rather repetitive. Still good fun though regardless.

1. Starfield [Xbox]
    2. Somerville [Xbox]
    3. Planet of Lana [Xbox]
    4. Cocoon [Xbox]
    5. Quantum Break [Xbox]
    6. The Gunk [Xbox]
    7. Grounded: Fully Yoked [Xbox]
    8. Fe [Xbox]
    9. Figment: Journey into the Mind [Xbox]
    10. Open Roads [Xbox]
    11. Still Wakes The Deep [Xbox]
    12. SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated [Xbox]
    13. Crackdown 2 [Xbox]
    14. Dungeons of Hinterberg [Xbox]

Dungeons of Hinterberg

Very good game. There are 26 dungeons but there is a social aspect to it as well which slows the game down but you get used to that. You get two magic powers in each each area which you use to solve basic puzzles. It even reminded me of Mario Galaxy in some dungeons as you can walk upside down on a small globe. Like the small planets that was in Mario Galaxy.

Over all I enjoyed my time with this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

1. Metroid Prime Remastered -Switch
    2. Baldurs Gate 3-PS5
    3. Tekken 8-PS5
    4. Spiderman 2 -PS5
    5. Killer Frequency- Steam Deck
    6. Sea of Stars -Switch
    7. Pentiment- Steam Deck
    8. Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth - PS5
    9. Tunic- Xbox Series X
    10. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown -PS5
    11. Fire Emblem: Awakening - 3ds XL
    12. Diablo 4 -PS5

Diablo 4

Bit late to the game on this one. Started it over a year ago and then got distracted I think it was by ff16 , finally blitzed the last three acts. Was enjoyable but endgame is where this is really meant to shine and I wasn't that invested in the loot mechanic and stuff, I find it a bit repetitive.

Nearly finished dragons dogma 2 and might play the Alan wake 2 DLC then.

Also halfway through Dave the diver on steamdeck, I started it on my journey back from Ireland to oz and stuck 9 hours into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got my third platinum with Ghost of Tsushima.

Not a trophy hunter but since had got all but 5 by the time I finished, I decided I may as well finish since were simple ones left.

Now on to the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Final fantasy 16 - PS5

Guardians of the galaxy telltale - PS4

Dead Space - Xbox series S

Tomb raider 1 - PS5

Tomb raider 2 - PS5

Days gone - PS4

Robocop - PS5

Chasm the rift - PS5

Still wakes the deep - Xbox series S

Advertisement