Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

150KTubs - future career in Virgin Radio and other soulful pursuits **Mod: Read OP**

Options
1151152153154155157»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Assuming this is the portion of Abbey Road that the Beatles crossed (as is his obsession), I would be guessing that the "funny looks" he was getting was from people trying to take the famous photo and wondering what this spanner was doing hanging around making it more difficult for them.

Regardless. What is this fool doing taking selfies at Abbey Road with a SuperValu bag for?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I don’t read or watch any of his fare apart from some inquisitive listens early on to confirm what I already knew (he’s useless), but I still thoroughly enjoy this thread. I don’t watch any soaps on TV (or any TV for that matter apart from some live sports), but Tubridy’s downfall, and the pathetic depths he’s been forced to limbo himself down to in the most excruciatingly cringy ways possible to attempt to stay relevant is my soap, it’s my Eastenders and Fair City….. And just with the soaps, I know they exist, yet have no care to watch them because I know they are sh1t. Similar to Tubridy. So knowing his downfall is well and truly under way, I have no care to watch it, but I greatly enjoy the fact it’s happening, because I simply don’t like the man.

I’m not bitter towards him and would never wish him ill health, but I just think he’s a Grade A, USDA certified, Limited Edition Ar$ehǒle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭yagan

I would have some sympathy only he seems to have an ego that steamrolls humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭GSF

nobody gives a damn what your carrier bag says if you walk around London. It’s pretty cheap looking so maybe that’s why he got the looks in what is a Waitrose part of town

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

There's still a few of these across Boards, it's just someone with a 'persona' account who thinks they're infinitely more clever than everyone else and chimes in with stuff like that. It's pointless engaging with them, and assuming you reply to me Bobson Dugnutt, I'm not going to engage with you either but work away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭hawley

He's trying to copy Matt Damon with the SuperValu bag. He thinks it will go viral and become a massive hit across the UK and Ireland.

https://extra.ie/2020/05/13/entertainment/celebrity/matt-damon-supervalu-bag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Pop me on ignore there, Frank. Might be good for your blood pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭RoTelly

And we should ignore Dee Forbes time at RTÉ, she did after all cause Ryan to leave RTÉ in the end.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I used to live on Belsize Rd (just around the corner) years ago - Yeah, really nice area alright. Nobody would give a toss about your bag unless it were making cries of 'help' and there was blood dripping out of it…and it's London ffs, a city where taxi's drive around people lying in the street

He's a really sad, desperate little man at this stage

Has Maura1278 commented 'Loved the SV bag story Ryan, you're so funny xxx' yet

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nonetheless

His show and content presentation is so out of kilter with what Virgin Radio UK is supposedly trying to target or appeal to. Most of their listeners are not really interested in some British author, btw this is no reflection on her, they have simply selected the radio station for music, hence will tune out if the music output turns to waffle. Brute forcing Ryan Tubridy onto their mid-morning schedule was a bad decision by NewsUK CEO. It makes no sense for an experienced radio PD to dollop a pseudo music/chat show - post breakfast with an unknown and unproven (in the UK) presenter onto a formatted music radio station and it is evident that they are trying to recover listeners by introducing a dedicated 80's hour immediately following his slot.

Irrespective of whether folks are interested in books or not, Virgin Radio UK's core listeners are not tuning into the radio station for this.

Furthermore, Tubridy is really not interested in winning over the UK listener. He has not altered his presentation or displayed any compatibility, resulting with some of their listeners having difficulty understanding or not being able to follow what he is saying.

Going around St Johns Wood with a SuperValu bag and posting images on Instagram from last week gives the impression that he really misses home. I would think the novelty of London has well worn off at this point, he doesn't want to be there and Virgin Radio UK listeners really couldn't care less about him. The Paddy Power sponsorship is his safety net but even they will not continue to flog a dead horse, pardon the pun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement