Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I'm assuming you all aren't crazy people who don't use cases?

I'm thinking of getting the Torras one with mag safe ring. Had a leather full cover one from them before that lasted decently well before so think I might give this one a go.

Had considered the official silicone ones but I see the whole back is raised to cover the cameras which will just make the whole thing thicker as well, around the screen the lips look very high too.

Any suggestions for a minimal case that does have a small amount that helps the screen and cameras? I drop my phones the odd time but don't feel anything more substantial is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye. DPD normally on the ball so should be good for tomorrow.

Anyone getting told of a delay from Exertis, I wouldn't take it as gospel. Once had one of the Folds delivered the same day they contacted me to say they there'd be a two week delay, so estimates of February delivery may not be set in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,024 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

First update around 12:30pm We received your parcel.

Second update 1:15am Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Hoping for another update later this morning saying out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Samson1

No, nothing here either. Ordered 1 Tb Grey on the 18th. No email or no move in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rdhma

From samsung.com/ie, buying outright, for working devices. S10 = €250 to €275. Older Samsung devices = €200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭masterboy123

No dispatch email here.

But on the Samsung website it says dispatched with DPD tracking number.

"Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

24/1/2024 at 0:32"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Its strange have had no email /text of a shipment but got the tracking info from my samsung order page and its had a security scan in my local depot already at 24/1/2024 at 5:23, only started travelling through the network on 23/1/2024 at 23:35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭kala85

I think we will have to wait for the hands on reviews. Software plays a massive role in the performance. Samsung have reduced the MP on some cameras over the years yet sometimes they preform better than the previous one with the higher MP. The software can make a massive difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭TheRona

General consensus is the S24 is better up to 10x, and the periscope is better in low light.

There will be software updates though, so hard to tell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

Still no move on mine. No update since 21 Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

Same as most others, samsung website confirmed shipped.

No text or email from DPD. But from tracking its in my local warehouse now.

I usually get an email and text an hour or so before it's delivered to the house

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Coming at 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mouseycon

The Buds FE are back available, €19 with the €100 eStore credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

Just got an email from Samsung about the trade-in, this is the first time doing a trade in with them. They asked to contact my network and request that my device is unlocked. I am pretty sure that it came unlocked from three, I got my S23 under contract from them.

I would have assumed that Samsung would be able to unlock their own phones if they are network locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

Out walking dog and I get a message at 820am that dpd will deliver my Samsung package between 822 and 922am. Walking briskly back now....

• Latest update for my phone: Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery
    • Dpd Dublin North East
    • 24/1/2024 at 8:11

I am definitely getting it today just don't have a time yet. Been in hospital and not expecting to get out until 12 or 1pm so it will most likely be waiting for me when I get home 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If its from a network carrier there is no guarantees it's unlocked no.

The statement is on all trades though. Mines from Samsung so it's unlocked and it shows the same thing.

But don't assume your phone is unlocked also they can charge you if you don't follow their guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Lol, nice reason to rush back!

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm going to go through checks this morning and see if it is locked. It has all the three bloatware on it, so might go down the unlock route.

Just ran a check on my imei and it shows "Next Tether Policy (Carrier): Open" and it doesn't ask for a network unlock code when I put a sim in from another network. It's just full of three bloatware.

Looks like my parcel is on a van and due for delivery today. Happy days. We're very lucky. Saw a post on Reddit earlier saying in Canada the S24 series is completely sold out at Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Got mine this morning at 8:30 no email just a text about 7am this morning, no buds with it must have been out of stock and I didn't notice

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Just dropped in the door there 20mins back. 1TB Violet with the Buds

A day of setting things up beckons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Mine has arrived. DPD didn't even ring the doorbell, left both our phones on the ground outside and drove off.

That's par for course. Seems strange though with such expensive items.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matrixguy

Out for delivery!

Samsung website still says Order Confirmed, lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Dannymole22

Just got a message saying mine will be delivered between 10:00-11:00 while I'm out in work

Half an hour notice is mad if I knew I could have arranged to WFH or have someone there

Advertisement