Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

I reckon it's a nice little PR spin for them, we have listened to all feedback and we are adding ways to improve it.

They could very easily have pulled an Apple and said you're all looking at your phones wrong 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

The circle to search is crazy good. Haven't tried the real time translate but I'd imagine it depends a lot of network speed to be fairly smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

I tried English to Portuguese and according to my Portuguese friend it was spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dubliniift

Been a week I returned phones. They only received 1 phone. Pick up was arranged by Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭archfi

Sent in my trade-in Wednesday and got an email saying the buds and tag will be with me in a day or two.

I'm expecting a big drop in the valuation of the trade-in though...

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 YermanHerman

They'vr had my trade in since the 31st of January and there has been nothing from them at all.

Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Still no envelope to send the trade in phone. I wonder at what point I can assume they're not going to come for it. It's a working phone with perfect screen so handy to have as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Cristobaal

I am also experiencing the same issue, as I have yet to receive the trade-in envelope. I have already sent an email to inquire about any potential delays, but unfortunately, it has been four days since my inquiry and I have not received a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

I received my return envelope about 18 days after I received the phone. Sent it back on Monday and I've heard nothing since.

Post edited by mossie on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

They have had mine since 31st Jan as well and I've heard nothing. Can only assume they must be swamped with trade-ins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

They have had my s23 ultra since the end on Jan and just got email approval for the trade in a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I'm waiting 3 weeks now to even receive the envelope to post it back, emailed their UK support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I pre-ordered an Ultra from Vodafone nearly a month ago (24th I think) and have no sign of it yet, anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dubliniift

Received the replacement; this one is made in Vietnam. Last one was from Korea. Hope this has better screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

Will they send out the free galaxy watch if the trade in is not rubber stamped?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I doubt it. Many people have had to pay extra because the condition of the phone wasn't as described. Screen burn etc. I can't imagine them sending out free goods until the trade in part is complete. Having said that, there is no sign of them posting out the watch to anyone yet. My trade in was completed over a week ago and no mention of the watch yet. I do remember when I was approved for the watch it did say up to 45 days for delivery of the watch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've found this phone to be useless in fringe reception areas. If reception is low it switches to emergency calls only, no internet but still shows 3-4 bars of cover.

Seems to get stuck like this for ages then. I've barely had reception all week away whilst my OH's old phone on same network was fine, just dropped off network a few times when driving as expected.

Restarting the phone only worked a couple of times to get it back on the network but going to flight mode and back didn't make a difference.

Not sure if my phone is faulty or if all S24U's are similar.

Anyone else have problems with it going off network for ages after patchy reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Earth24

I haven't paid my extra yet I am challenging them to send it back to me (s21 standard) as I thought it was working perfectly (didn't notice any screen burn) and ill send it an old ancient yoke instead. I don't expect them to take me up on it and I am not sure whats next, they'll probably get me with T&C

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭archfi

I got my buds and tag this morning - trade-in was sent last wednesday but have had no communication about that from them. Unless they've passed my trade-in (cannot see that happening looking at what has happened to others here) but nonetheless the promotion gift has been received. I'll update about that on here.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

FFS lads get a google pixel 8 pro

or an apple

none of these problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What problems exactly... trade ins ? They sold thousands of these units there's a huge backlog.

The end.

Zero big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gandorelli

Got me pre-ordered phone and a galaxy buds Fe on the 1.Feb... the buds was perfect for two days and the best fit ever, but after two days of use it's literally useless whenever I use the ambient mode I can hear a massive wind/static crackling noise from the left side there's also a bit from the right, but not as annoying as the left. I tried everything reset/unpair/disconnect /reconnect/reset the app/cleaning the buds nothing is working and it's extremely annoying. Funny enough as I mentioned it was working perfectly for two days. Do you think I can get a replacement? I am pretty sure it's a hardware issue.

The phone is the ultra model BTW and it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anyone’s watch arrive yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭TheRona

I suspect you'll see dozens of emails in here when they start shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭donkey balls

So I was away in holidays when the trade in bag was delivered by the postie, I'm going send the phone off on Monday is there a time line from receiving the returns bag to sending it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Looking at an upgrade shortly. The decision will be between the S24 plus and ultra versions. For the same monthly bill, I can get the plus model for free (according to the app), whereas the Ultra comes in at €700! For a fairly casual user I'd find it hard to justify the extra outlay for the Ultra model. Is it really worth the extra upfront cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

At that price difference and given the fact that you weren't set on the Ultra, I'd stick to the plus version.

Think you get the exynos version instead of Snapdragon though.

For future reference, I think you get the best deals buying phones at launch with the promotional freebies and then having a cheap bill per month for your SIM card €10-20 for unlimited calls/data. There's some for €15 pm on the go at the minute, do the maths and see which works out cheaper for you before committing for another 12/24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Thanks for the reply. It's a bit of a p***take from VF, charging €700 more for the Ultra on an upgrade when, if you were fortunate enough to be able to buy direct from Samsung, there's only €300 difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

IMO you are better off trading in your phone and buying direct from Samsung. Then go sim free. I have a €25 a month unlimited with Three. No price increase in April either. Vodafone IMO are rip off merchants. The only reason to be with them is signal quality.

Advertisement