Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Did anyone get the free tablet offer, how long did it take to arrive?

Just got email saying it's on way, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭maik3n

Can anyone confirm if they have resurrected the ''SMS in call logs'' feature, in the S24?

For reference, this is what I'm talking about \/

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-galaxy-s-series/text-and-phone-calls-showing-under-phone/td-p/6387411

I really liked this feature, even though there seems to have been quite a considerable negative response to it online over the years.

Post edited by maik3n on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheRona

So your call history also shows sent and received SMS messages? I don't think this is available.

Edit: just realised I use Google messages and has disabled the Samsung one. Once I activated the Samsung messages, I had the option to show or hide messages in call history.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭maik3n

D'oh. 🤦‍♂️

Yes, a recent software update kicked me into the google message app.

I have now switched back to the Samsung sms app and things are more to my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Standard S24 128gb going for £449 in Argos NI.

Tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Claim £10 Galaxy Store Credit

• Go to Samsung Wallet App
    • Click "All" at the bottom of the screen
    • Go to Promotions
    • £10 Galaxy Store Voucher
    • Click Claim Now

Are you able to redeem? I can claim the code, but unable to redeem. Get a popup message saying the gift card isn't available in my country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Strange, I was able to redeem it. No idea what to use it for though

Lads, for the selfies it seems better to use the front camera instead lf the selfie one, is anyone else finding that?

Am S24 Ultra.

• Advertisement

400-500MB update available, although security patch level stays on May 1st afterwards. No idea what's in the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭mossie

I am having a weird issue with my S24 Ultra and Watch 6. When I check the Samsung Health app it is showing exercise I haven't done, like a bike ride in South Korea (never been there), gym work etc. The sleep data is all over the place too. When i go to my details on the app it is showing a completely different person. I tried switching to a new Samsung Account but it still brings this data back after a few days and starts showing strange sleep and exercise again. An idea what could be causing this? It's fairly frustrating.

Under Samsung health settings > services, are you linked to Strava? I've seen weird stuff happening with Strava in the past.

Doesn't explain why you'd have an issue on a different account, though.

I didn't think of checking for linked apps but just checked and none are. I've wiped cache and data for the app and uninstalled / reinstalled but it keeps bringing those back. I've tried deleting my account now in the hope it might delete the incorrect data.

Just to update on this. I deleted my account completely and set up a new one. All was fine yesterday but today it's imported all the wrong data again. The only correct data is my date of birth, name, height, weight, exercise and sleep data all belong to "Justin" in South Korea. It's weird how it's followed me across different accounts.

Next step is to reset my phone I guess.

That just doesn't make any sense. When you say you're setting up a new account, are you meaning an entirely new Samsung account, with a different email address?

Have you ever used Google's Health Connect? Maybe some different health services have been linked there.

Yes, new account with a new email address, deleted my previous accounts and all their data. I have used Health Connect and Google Fit is the only app linked there but it's not getting the data from there as I've deleted all previous data in that app. I've reset my watch and set it up as new rather than restoring the backup in case it's getting it from there but I still can't understand how my watch and phone are showing data for a total stranger on the other side of the world. Right now it's just showing today's data but it's worked OK for a few days before and reverted to showing his data again.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭dubliniift

Anyone with 15% coupon please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭kala85

Any recommendations for tempered glass or other covers?

I saw one in a shop that is put on with a machine in a liquid form and then hardens. Has anyone used one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭gandalfio

• Advertisement

Was Samsung direct, offers come and go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matrixguy

Where can i sell my galaxy watch 6? No response on FB marketplace and Adverts.

CEX giving too low price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I got an email from Samsung today offering €220 cashback if anyone is thinking of buying a S24 Ultra

"There’s no better time to experience the Galaxy AI universe. With the AI powered Galaxy S24 Ultra in your hands, you can unleash new levels of creativity, productivity and possibility.

Plus, when you buy one now, you’ll claim €220 cashback.1"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,475 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone else got the S24U connecting to the internet even tho wifi and mobile data is turned off - just got notification of an email and both are turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Recently upgraded to an S24 from an S10e, which had to go as the battery was hammered.

It's such a similar phone to use. You wouldn't know you had a new up to date phone really. Perhaps the s10e was still a good phone for it's age?

Plus, I don't game or anything, so much faster processors etc don't mean that much to me. I'm more interested in Android and security updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

I was in a similar boat to you last year, changing up from the s10e (battery also hammered) to a s23+

Impressed overall and happy with the change, but nothing groundbreaking (despite what Samsung may claim otherwise, most recently with AI features for example) and more of an iterative improvement.

Think maybe a balance between the s10e being an excellent phone for it's time (and price point) and the pace of advancement on flagship phone features just slowing generally in recent years. My 2c anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thinking of getting an S24 ultra.

Anyone buy from Amazon or where's the best place to shop for a good deal.

Also, I see them on Adverts.IE for cheap.

What's the story with them?

Surely too good to be true??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Galaxy unpacked tomorrow. There should be offers on the S24U.

Advertisement