Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S24 series

1666768697072»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone got a code for the Samsung site for a pair of the earbuds 3?

Epp shop has no reductions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ye will have to forgive me for not reading 72 pages of this, but hopefully a quick question. I'm finally going about upgrading from the legendary S10, which still works perfect BTW, but I'll need a supported phone for a work app soon. I was just gonna go S24 base, as the size is pretty much the same, but it looks like the screen has taken a downgrade? FHD compared to QHD on the S10, 1080 vs 2160. Plus reduce ppi and nits/brightness, no edge notifications, and no fecking headphone jack.

So, is there actually a noticeable difference? 2k on this phone looks amazing, and I can tell the difference, so it really would be a deal breaker if the screen is not as good as my 6 year old legend. I don't use it for much, other than some videos, some simple Play games, but mainly for looking stuff up on t'internet. Cameras don't bother me but I suppose the better the better. They're never gonna replace dslrs so why bother trying!

The S24+ is an option, and while I have to use a provider that uses the 3 network (so 3, Tesco and Virgin), I'd prefer not to give money directly to 3, and they're easily the most expensive from those 3 choices. But they're the only ones with the +. Tesco only have the S24 but are the cheapest overall (2 year plan). Basically looking at a €300-€600 difference (mainly on the up front cost of the Ultra).

The S23 comes with free Galaxy buds and €100 cash back apparently, so thats also an option. Slightly cheaper and 4 more years is better than out of date, but not as good as 7 years... I'm pure Natalie Imbruglia about it!! And for some reason the Z Flip 6 is also within price range, but I'm sure the novelty would wear off and I'd be left with something I regret buying. Then again, maybe not. It is a funky little thing! And the hinge/screen is supposed to be the best yet... choices choices!

Any and all help appreciated.

Advertisement