Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics 2024 (Mod note #869)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Rossi7

If I was a betting man, Id have the Dutch, Poles followed by ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,566 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the best place for uninterrupted coverage tonight ? I had to screen share the rte player off my phone, as the app on my NVidia shield did not show live tv for some reason, only boxsets and replays !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

That was the great thing about RTE Player coverage last night they just stayed on the coverage rather than constantly going back to the studio. Less events on schedule tonight though so mightn't be as bad. Wonder would BBC red button be better. Never thought to check that as I was watching on PC on Player every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

A medal in this relay is absolutely not a foregone conclusion.

Poles, Dutch, yes and yes. Dutch are favourites. But France and Germany, pending selection, are all within an asses roar of one another.

Mawdsley will shake it up with another 49 split but thats a tough ask after her week already.

And don't sleep on Andrew Coscoran in the 1500m! Depends what Jakob wants to do, but we'll likely have a dust up in the last 300m and then he just needs to be lucky in between 200 and 90 to go and hope for little traffic. Its a lot of hope but its 1500 championship racing. Anything, bar 1st place, can happen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Don't think we'll beat the Dutch again tonight, their women's relay team is probably stronger than their mixed relay team if they have all of their big three running. Silver or bronze for us I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Why is last nights evening session not on the player now? Wanted to watch the Mens Decathalon finale. Watched a bit on the Eurovision channel but no commentary. RTE are coming to my town tonight so ye'll see me on tv during the race. I have a feeling it might be silver but hopefully they'll get gold. The Bol factor is hard to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

4 towns (clubs) represented so be interesting to see who the spotlight falls on.

Newport me thinks?

Imagine that. Dying from a few days of accumulated lactic build up and then you die an absolute death up the home straight. Yikes.

Or Portaferry for a Mageean homecoming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Getting nervous for them now. Really hope they get a medal. Even bronze would be a win.

Fingers crossed Mawdsley can hold it together on the anchor leg when up against Bol. Becker needs to set us up well handing over to Adeleke in the top 3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The Dutch have changed their running order, with Klaver leading off. Didn't fancy facing Adeleke on the second leg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Sounds like Adeleke has gotten into her head. Puts more pressure on Becker to deliver a good opening leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,356 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Klaver #### the bed, so to speak in the mixed relay final. She ruined the Dutch chance of gold. She went out too strong and had no energy left for the last 200m. They would have won had she not done so.

Ireland are really up against it tonight. Hopefully the changeovers go cleanly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,682 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Great silver that

Wow.

Queen Healy is back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

THat was just brilliant

A great silver medal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Silver medal and a national record. Absolutely BRILLIANT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fantastic.

Inspiring really.

Never knew I would be so engrossed in a non-Olympic athletics competition.

Bol always looks different to everyone else. Like she’s not full out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Did very well...Healy as expected was the weakest of the 4 but no shame in that

You knew the gold medal was gone going into the last changeover as Bol was ahead, and she's just so good. Fair play to Mawdsley, great performance to live with Bol on the last leg. Silver medal, nice one. Mawdsley was the fastest of the 4 Irish girls, and ran a faster split than Bol.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Advertisement

Healy kinda died last 70 metres. Hell of a first 330. Lost birra form.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Super Silver, the 4th leg for Poland was absolutely flying and I thought she was going to challenge the top 3 before falling back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Fantastic race. I think no matter what Mawdsley did, Bol would have found more. She's that good.

But it was still a serious effort, and a fantastic result. The four of them should be delighted with themselves. Super championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Does the girl who ran in the semi (Cadden?) get a medal now as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Klaver ran a great lead-off, it must be said. Set the Dutch up superbly. Adeleke had the second fastest leg, after the French anchor. I thought Kaczmarek was going to sweep past in the home straight, but she ran out of steam.

A great silver. The Dutch are the world champions after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Amazing team, its been a great week.

Exciting men's 400m relay final race as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Italians did very well to hold on to Silver. Great race. GB tied up completely and finished 7th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭Xander10

Ah, no need for that.

Brilliant from all 4

and the other team members

Advertisement