Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2024 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stoteh1

Hi,

Just got my first quote (Cork area).

12 x Jinko Solar Co., Ltd. 440 Watt Panels (Jinko 440w N-Type panel (JKM440N-54HL4R-B))
    1 x Solis H1 Energy Storage 5kW Hybrid 5G Inverter with DC (Solis)
    1 x Weco 5.3kWh Battery (5K3XP) (WECO Batteries)
    1 x Solis 5-year extended Warranty, 1 x FSS, 1 x Eddi with Hub, 1 x BER

Eddi free as part of promo

Total System Price - €11,182 (€9082 after grant).

Is that saucy? Or is it a good price with the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭iknorr

Whats the warranty on the Solis with the extension? 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭iknorr

option 1

• 20 Longi 435w PV panels.
    • 5 kW Solis hybrid.
    • 5kw Weco Battery
    • All mounting, access, accessories etc included.
    • BER Cert

12,000 including grant.

option 2

• 18 Panel PV System - 430 Watt Panel - 7.74kW
    • Ergocell 5kw Hybrid Inverter ( i think these are rebranded myenergy libbi)
    • Ergocell 5kWh battery with Off-Grid Socket
    • Tigio Optimisers each per panel * 6.00

11,000 including grant.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Am I right thinking that 70% of the cost of these quotes is labour?

Seems like most of the material can be easily got for under €5k (1.5k for panels, 2k for inverter, 1k for everything else)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,692 ✭✭✭deezell

Yes.

In most cases it's Materials plus Labour plus BER plus The Grant (added in order to be removed later). Materials may well appear as more expensive too than retail, despite being VAT free. From this total you then deduct the grant to complete the subsidised illusion.

My first ever quote had an €800 inverter listed at €2200. I've yet to commit to a solar installation as the return on investment seems paltry, but I note a contraction in prices from the more flexible sole trader type operators, and with quotes for non grant qualified work being published.

As is always the case with Grants, and the sellers market they tend to create, the grant gets built into the price. Only when demand might fall and competition might resume will you see true Grant exclusive prices.

Note some posts back, the comment about being charged €3000 to add a battery costing €1000 retail, and how you might feel if an electrician charged you €2000 to wire in your new oven and hob costing €1000. Fortunes are being made judging by the recent tens and twenties of €millions of corporate majority share takeovers of modest solar and heatpump installation firms, which are essentially just chaps in vans and a rented industrial unit for the materials and office.

Heres a typical engorged quote I received in 2022 from a big name Window company with a Solar branch/acquisition.

12 panel solar PV system = 4.44kWh, 5.0ktl  Huawei hybrid Inverter + 5kWh Luna hybrid battery etc..

Price €17195.00

Discount €2545.00

Price €14650.00

Eddie €750.00 (hot water diverter)

Total €15400.00 before grant.

You got to love the 'discount' line, a completely meaningless bit of psycho babble that is designed to give you a 'phew' sense of relief after the shock of the original 'pre discount' inflated quote. Like a price sticker for a €20 tee shirt with '€30/€20!' printed on it.

Advertisement