Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer salads

Options
  • 01-01-2024 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

What salads do you grow that will be good throughout the summer months other than the salad bowl type lettuce?

We love spinach, rocket, lambs lettuce etc here but I find they bolt so looking for alternative salads to use when they are out of action.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Bill Hook

I have been experimenting with pea shoots... at least when they bolt you get some sugar snap/mangetout/pea plants. One year I grew Parsley Peas and the shoots were lovely but the plants sprawled all over the place. Curly endive also seems to do OK but is not very popular in our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Oh I love endive! I think it's curly endive I've grown for the last couple year, I need to double check that.

That's a good shout about the pea shoots. I'll try grow some extra for shoots.

Advertisement