Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Travel Scheme For people who are medically certified unfit to drive.

Options
  • 01-01-2024 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I saw on citizens information that from July 2023, the Free Travel Scheme will be extended to people who are medically certified unfit to drive. Has anyone seen more information on this or how it will work?

Hopefully, this is good news for people like me. I have an eye condition where my vision is distorted. I have like tunnel vision where I can’t see from the sides just straight ahead. My eye doctor told me I can’t drive but I previously got refused the travel pass as technically I have good vision when reading the chart. I live on the middle of No where and spend a small fortune on public transport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Hey there, this is from July 2024, not 2023, so I imagine it won't be closer to the time that application details will be announced, but I would say it will be the standard form with the medical section filled out by your doctor, similar to those who apply now for a companion pass for being medically unfit to travel alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Luker

Thank you. I meant 2024. That would be a great help

Advertisement