Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker TV with FTA sat. tuner (43WP4K19P)

• 01-01-2024 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Recently I noticed that a lot of my FTA channels are missing, including BBCs, ITVs. I still have channel 4 and more 4.

I see from the threads here that there was changes to frequencies for a lot of channels and i'm guessing that why channels are missing.

Is there any handy way of getting these back? I did a standard auto scan on the TV but I still don't have them.

I tried a setting where I could alter the frequency for scanning so I changed it up to 23000 (I think) and got BBC but lost the other channels that were tuned in, plus BBC went down to the end of the channel list whereas normally it is up top.

Would anyone be familiar with Walker and know how to do a quick fix scan, just like I would have performed when I bought the TV and all channels just appeared?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭decor58

The BBC frequencies are BBC1 & 4, 10817 V 23000, BBC 2 & 3 10847 V 23000, if you do a manual rather than an automatic scan there should be less disruption. You can then renumber the channels press OK, edit,, OK, move to position. An automatic scan will pull in all the channels available in no practical order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Most of the changes to BBC and ITV were many months back. If you've only recently lost them suggests a fault in your setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭teach nua

Sorry, when I said recently I meant with the last number of months. I think me set-up is okay as the same satellite feed is feeding a linux box in another room and everything is okay channel wise with that box.

I see what your saying about manually searching by frequency but what i'm wondering is how come before the BBC and ITV changes that one auto scan would find all channels and now it wont. Have BBC and ITV moved to settings that would not have been contemplated in 2016 by Walker in 2016 when the TV software was coded for doing a satellite channels search? Hope this question makes sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Firmware upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ticktock

Hi , Some of the FTA satellite boxes won't load a new channel if it exists on the listing . Eg if BBC 1 frequency is changed and it's already on your listing it won't add the "New BBC1 and the new frequency" as it has it thinks it has it already. The solution i used is to delete all the old BBC 1 and then scan again .Other option is to delete all channels and scan again for FTA channels . I hope this roks . Happy new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RockOrBog

Some of those Vestel TVs never picked up all of the channels on a first time installation / channel scan... I have seen it more than once.

There was no blind scan option either if I remember correctly so it's possible that new transponders / frequencies are not being scanned for channels.

Advertisement