Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you looking forward to in 2024?

Options
  • 01-01-2024 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Here is a list of films due out this yesr,

Me I am looking forward to Dune 2, Ghostbusters Frozen Empire, Madame Web and many more.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭billyhead

Dune 2 and the Gladiator sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First time hearing of a Sesame Street movie

A musical inspired by the Sesame Street theme song - the lead characters get lost in NYC and try to find their way back to Sesame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

High hopes for Joker 2

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

Looking forward to Civil War, Furiosa, A Quiet Place: Day One, Twisters and Gladiator 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mickey 17.

If

Furiosa

Ballerina

Beetlejuice 2

Joker 2

Gladiator 2

Wicked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This thread made me realise I don't really have much of a sense of what's coming out this year, other than Poor Things from Yorgos Lanthimos which I am looking forward to. And Dune 2, obviously.

So far from the Wikipedia list of 2024 American scheduled releases, I've found:

• The Book of Clarence - from the director of The Harder They Fall, which I quite liked, and the cast looks strong. Sounds like it could be Life Of Brian by way of Atlanta, and I like both of those things...
    • Drive-Away Dolls - another Coen solo project, but Ethan rather than Joel this time. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
    • The American Society of Magical Negroes - as is fairly clear from the title, this is a satirical comedy. I don't expect it to be as bitingly hilarious as Boots Riley's Sorry To Bother You, but maybe I'll be surprised...
    • Mickey 17 - science fiction from Bong Jooh-Ho, with a premise not unlike Moon.
    • Furiosa - Miller back for some more maximalist bonkersness from beyond the Water Wars. Fury Road has guaranteed my bum will be in a cinema seat for this.
    • The Bikeriders - terrible name, but I've enjoyed enough Jeff Nichols films to be intrigued and it's got a good cast.
    • Nosferatu - I'm a big fan of Murnau's film and am unconvinced we need a remake, but it's Robert Eggers so I'll most likely at least give it a look.

A couple of action films that might turn out decent - I'm keeping an eye on how The Beekeeper reviews in that regard, ditto The Fall Guy (directed by David Leitch, apparently an updating of some 80s franchise I've never heard of). Deadpool 3 I am hopeful for, but we'll see how that goes - between Disney buying Fox and the fact that 2 was already a step down from the first film (I've rewatched the first film several times, but despite owning the 2nd on Bluray haven't really felt the need to rewatch it at any point so far...), it'll need to put the work in to succeed IMO.

Of the streamer-connected releases, Spaceman from Netflix caught my eye - it's a drama starring Adam Sandler (which is a gamble that paid out handsomely last time I chanced it, with the Safdies directing Sandler in Uncut Gems) and Paul Dano. Might be good, might be pish.

Funnily enough we're getting 2 Joker films next year - for my money, the more promising/interesting one is "The People's Joker".

Advertisement