Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Electric shower No Hot water

• 01-01-2024 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi I was having problems with my Triton T80 easi fit Electric shower installed 2 years ago running fine until 2 weeks ago and then stopped getting hot water. So I just bought a New one & I'm having the same problem. No Hot water. Is their a Comissioning process I need to follow. Any suggestions. All the wires are in place Live Brown Blue Neutral Green/yellow Earth connected to Cold Mains. I'm baffled as to why I'm still not heating the water

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭mcgragger

is all of the pipes clear, filter clear and water running ok? Power checked at connector block etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭mcgragger

also was there any packaging pins that you didnt remove on the thermostat dial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,132 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There was a pin thingy on my t90sr. Not sure about the t80 tbh. Does the manual mention a pin to be changed over for commissioning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭John.G

You mentioned the T90SR which is a tank fed shower, the T80 is mains fed so presume it is connected to the mains?.

There are normally only two reasons why you are not getting hot water, assuming of course that you have 230V in the terminal box.

One is that the flowrate is too low and the TCO (thermal cut out) trips when the water temperature rises to ~ 50C, you will be quite aware of it, its also possible that this (the TCO) has failed but easy to check if you can safely use a multimeter.

The other reason is flow related as well, if the flow rate is very low then no heating will occur but you have a indication of this in that little window ( Low Pressure) where a red (mechanical) flag will be evident.

You should get a flow of ~ 7.2/8.0LPM with temperature control turned to coldest and ~ 1.8/2.0LPM with control turned to hottest, the low pressure flag came up on mine at ~ 1.3LPM when I tested it.

Also read page 14 of the attachment, "Fitting the Cover"

Post edited by John.G on

Advertisement