Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&P500 fund for execution only PRSA - some questions from a newbie

• 01-01-2024 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I have recently opened a PRSA account with Davy and am looking to get exposure to S&P500. Would be great if someone could answer a few questions I have.

Based on what I can find on the Davy portal, it's cheaper to go with an ETF, when compared to the fund (0.07 AMC Vs 0.10 AMC for the fund). Yet some prefer the fund option. Any reason why I should be considering the fund given its higher charge?

Looking at the ETF, many seem to go for the VUSA option (distributing ETF), but am thinking it may be better to go for its accumulating cousin VUAA to keep FX exposure to a minimum. Is there any reason why one should choose the distributing version?

I understand that I should be buying from the London stock exchanget to avoid the overseas charge (0.1% on purchase) as well as the 25 euro that Davy levies. I presume that the settlement currency is always euro, even if the fund is in USD?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement