Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generator

Options
  • 02-01-2024 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking to to buy a generator to do the following for a new build. (I have a change over switch already fitted and wired for generator in house.) We have had frequent esb power cuts in the last number of years and despite reporting it to the esb, nothing will get done so plan to get a generator at the start of this year.

I want a generator strong to power an electrical hob, oven, microwave, kettle, few sockets and some house lighting , TV and a water pump on its own which is away from our house and on another circuit board. Must get change over switch fitted here on this fusebox for the waterpump. I'm hoping to buy something thats strong and isn't going to be under pressure and must be diesel powered and have AVR.

What size generator should I be looking at with the requirements above? Like I said I want something that's well able and not struggling under the loads.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement